Do you read everything before you sign it or 'agree' to it on line? (high school golfer looses title)

This high school golfer lost her title because she signed a score card that was incorrect. Her partner had filled it out wrong and she did not look at it before she signed and turned it in.

While it sucks and I know she feels like crap, I feel she should have checked it before she signed. I said in the comments that this is why you read anything before you sign, every time. I was called a hypocrite and told not to reply only to lie and say I did read everything. They asked me if I read the terms of service before hitting 'agree' or actually read the terms of service on websites. I do. I swear. Every time. I am not putting my name on anything I have not at LEAST skimmed for key phrases and rules.

Am I really the only one? Surely I am not. this just screams common sense to me.

Is this a current event? Eh. Recat- it's whatever. lol.

But_Mommie

Asked by But_Mommie at 4:55 PM on May. 16, 2012 in Politics & Current Events

• Pretty much! Sometimes I skim through the TOS parts that you have to agree to before you can get access to stuff.. but if I am actually signing my name, then absolutely I read it!! I would be stupid NOT to!
    29again

Answer by 29again at 9:21 PM on May. 16, 2012

• I read everything before I sign
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 4:59 PM on May. 16, 2012

• I read everything before I sign, too.
    tracylynnr67

Answer by tracylynnr67 at 5:21 PM on May. 16, 2012

• It depends on what it is. I do not ALWAYS read EVERY single little thing.
    amazinggrace83

Answer by amazinggrace83 at 6:09 PM on May. 16, 2012

• It depends on what it is. But, yeah, stuff that I know matters I read carefully. Other stuff I will skim through. If I'm signing my name, I need to know what I'm signing.
    May-20

Answer by May-20 at 6:57 PM on May. 16, 2012

• Hell yes...There has been many times I saved myself from being screwed royally and paying the hefty price.
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 8:48 PM on May. 16, 2012

• It all depends on what it is.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 8:59 PM on May. 16, 2012

• for terms i skim as many are privacy, disclaimers, etc. i look for hidden charges and agreements i am not wanting to make. i do not read hospital paperwork, etc.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 1:49 PM on May. 17, 2012

• But_Mommie

Comment by But_Mommie (original poster) at 4:56 PM on May. 16, 2012

• Oh good I am not the only one who is apparently 'crazy' enough to actually take the 1.5 minutes it takes to read that stuff.
    But_Mommie

Comment by But_Mommie (original poster) at 5:01 PM on May. 16, 2012