not really a big deal but...

ok so i was talking to my sister and she is making pasta tomorrow and it sounded reallly good. well once see came home from the grocery store i realized it had some ingredients that i can't have because im pregnant. so i didn't really make a big deal about it i just said darn it, well my dad was sitting there and he patted me on the head and said you'll be alright. now this wouldn't bother me if i wasn't pregnant but it sometimes is just disappointing when you are pregnant and you can't have something you want or do something.
Sometimes i wish the people around me had to give up something that they want or just have to share the feelings of being pregnant so that they don't have the "o its no big dea"l attitude

SaraNicole715

Asked by SaraNicole715 at 2:23 PM on Jan. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• What did it have that you can't eat?

If you are worried about mercury, you ARE allowed to have it in small amounts...equal to one can of tuna a week...so I don't know if that was the ingredient or not...but yeah.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 2:25 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• okay i know this isnt really the same but....My 20 month has an anaphylactic reaction to peanuts and tree nuts. Everytime we go to my moms they make peanut butter cookies or chicken salad with almonds or banana nut bread or something else that he and I obviously cant eat. It is soooo frusterating that people are not more considerate of others. So I know how you feel!
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 2:26 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• Make them wear a pregnancy/sympathy suit for the day and not be able to do or have from: food or activities. That may help them to relate and make the rest of the pregnancy easier for you.
    Baby1114

Answer by Baby1114 at 2:27 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• what is in it? i eat pasta all the time so I don't know what you are worried about? what ingredients?
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 2:28 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• there are some soft cheeses in it? Or could i just not eat soft cheeses in my first trimester? im new at all this sorry
    SaraNicole715

Answer by SaraNicole715 at 2:34 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• what soft cheeses though? no all soft cheeses are bad during pregnancy lol. Some imported soft cheeses are... but not all, and people in Europe eat them. I really believe that in the US people are crazy about pregnancy lol.

Cottage cheese, ricotta, cream cheese, processed cheeses (such as American) and hard cheeses (such as cheddar and parmesan), as well as cultured dairy products like yogurt and buttermilk, are generally considered to be safe. And most dairy products made in the US are pasteurized anyway. But since there's no guarantee, it's best to check the label and make sure that any dairy product you consume during pregnancy is made with pasteurized milk.

celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 2:38 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• that was taken from baby center. I LOVE cheeses and eat ricotta often and it's a soft cheese.
    celticreverie

• ugh..so i couldve been eating those all along?
    SaraNicole715

Answer by SaraNicole715 at 3:00 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• LOL yep.. you just need to look at the label. Softer cheeses like mozerella are ok too. Just check the label for pasturization.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 4:00 PM on Jan. 28, 2009