Need some help dealing with my baby's dad (my ex)

We went through the TX OAG's office so now he gets visitation with our 23 month old daughter every other weekend. Basically what is happening is that he isn't taking care of her properly. Every weekend that she has come home from being with him she has a really bad diaper rash that you can tell that isn't even being treated, he won't tell me anything about her visits or even the last time that she ate when he drops her off, which most of the time she hasn't eaten and it's 8pm. I also have a major problem with her skin. Me and therefore my daughter both have extremely sensitive skin and can only use special detergents, soaps, lotions, etc and I have told him many times which stuff to use and I can tell that he isn't using the proper stuff. She has come home with her skin broken out and with rashes from it. I also found that on the weekends he has her he is working all weekend and isn't taking care of her, his stupid family is.

rltdancegurl

Asked by rltdancegurl at 2:26 PM on Jan. 28, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• First of all, don't let your attitude color your relationship it's all in the best interest of your daughter. Take your negative feelings out of it.
    Secondly, try to talk to whomever is the primary caregiver, send enough fresh diapers, rash cream and the products you want him to use. Don't worry about how much it costs b/c it's for your daughter.
    Third, print out a journal and ask him to document her day for you, perhaps you could consider doing the same for him when you have her.
    You catch more flies with honey, honey!!!
    Anonymous

• if you have such a concern, get intouch with your case worker and file a complaint. but with that said, she will always be his daughter and unless you have him sign over his rights....you cant change it.....
    justadreamer

Answer by justadreamer at 3:02 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• You can start by writing down a daily schedule for her and sending the special products with her. I also recommend you document everything. Write down any special instructions and have him sign and date an acknowledgement of the receipt of those instructions. Take date/time stamped pictures of any rashes and document the times she comes home without eating.
    sammygrl77

Answer by sammygrl77 at 5:09 PM on Jan. 28, 2009