How do you make good pork chops?

I like pork chops but always seem to over cook them. What is a good way to cook them so they are more tender?

Tiffany237

Asked by Tiffany237 at 2:27 PM on Jan. 28, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I always put them over rice and then put a few cups of water in with them. You can also use chicken broth because it gives it a really good flavor! I season it with pepper and garlic salt. Sometimes, I just try different spices on them. Cover the pan (I always use glass) with foil & bake at 350 for one hour. If the pork chops aren't very thick, then back for 45 min. YUMMY!! Hope this helps!
    themacs4

Answer by themacs4 at 2:30 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• I fry mine...not deep fry, obviously, lol, but I fry them.
    I flour them, dip in eggs, then bread crumbs.
    But then when I cook them, with a little oil in the pan (like 1/4-1/2 inch) I put the lid on the pan to make sure they are cooking all the way, and it helps keep some moisture in, and then when I flip them I take the lid off and it lets it still be crispy.

If I don't feel like frying them, I just use a touch of oil in the pan, season them (usually onion powder, garlic powder, pepper and a pinch of salt) and cook the same as mentioned above with the lid on for the first half.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 2:30 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• Oven Baked Pork Chops. Lots of recipes on Cooks .com for them
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 2:30 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• I season them with sage and then cook them in onion soup smothered in onion rings and serve them with rice.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 2:31 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• All of these sound good! I never have covered them, i don't know why. I was just thinking this morning how when I make country style ribs I cover them, why not the pork chops?? DUH!! lol!
    Tiffany237

Answer by Tiffany237 at 2:34 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• Easy Family Pork Chops

4 boneless pork chops
    1/2 cup ketchup
    1tsp. salt
    1 tsp. celery seed
    1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
    1 bay leaf
    1 cup water

Brown salted pork chops in fry pan. Place browned chops in baking dish. Mix the remaining ingredients andmix well. Then pour mixture over the chops. Bake at 325 for 1 hour.

You can double the entire recipe to feed a hungry family.

mmmmmm
    mwebhill

Answer by mwebhill at 2:52 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• Mushroom soup is a god send.
    Two cans of soup and fill one can with water, mix, add salt and pepper to taste
    put in a glass pan and cover with foil
    but the KEY is to cook it under low heat so they stay tender
    i'd use 325 - 350
    and then just cook until they look to be done
    lol i don't cook with a recipe so im not too sure how long i put mine in for haha
    just go with insinct and know how :)
    Good Luck!!
    P.S. serve over rice with a salad
    DesignerMom0801

Answer by DesignerMom0801 at 2:56 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• Ok in a falt dish olive oil with some sueezed lemon then dip in seasoned bread crumb & bake spray with pam oilve oil on both sides b4 u bake & they come out greattttttttt Itailian style :)
    FRANCINE818

Answer by FRANCINE818 at 3:02 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• l love my crockpot. Just throw them in salt and peppered with cream of mushroom soup! Serve over rice.
    cainmom7

Answer by cainmom7 at 3:03 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• I bake them with Shake and bake or I deep fry them with flour and seasoning salts, or I throw them on the pan and sprinkle them with Adobo and Sazon and let them get light brown on either side.
    micrespo

Answer by micrespo at 3:05 PM on Jan. 28, 2009