aaah cant effin sleep!

im 38 weeks and 5 days and i just for the life of me cant sleep.. its not that i cant get comfortable but when i lay down my mind keeps going and going.. HELP!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:30 PM on Jan. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• you could take something herbal that can help, you can ask your doctor or go to a natural foods store. I was told unisom was safe while pregnant though, I don't take it, but was told to if I needed to. I have sleep issues as well. A calcium-magnesium supplement also could help, but ask your doctor. :)
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 2:33 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• benedryl saved my life :]
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 2:53 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• benadryl because she cant sleep?

really? thats not what it is for...

You could always do what CelticReverie said.
    If you have a whole foods around your area yu can go there and ask someone that works there what is good to take to help you get some rest and calm you and relax you.
    also try taking a warm bath, drinking some hot chamomile tea and just putting your feet up and doing nothing... try it with the lights off ..

ill sometimes make a playlist on my ipod of all slow relaxing songs and play that while i lay down and play solitaire on my ipod.. idk if you have an ipod but you could always try something to that extent :)

hope you sleep soon!! my mind is racing and going through a million things as well its hard to sleep sometimes for me too but these sometimes help. :)
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 3:25 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• You could be prepairing to go into labor..

For the last 2 months of my pregnancy i woke up EVERY NIGHT at EXACTLY 4:01am. I would get up, eat something and wait until 6am when my hubby would go to work. Then i'd sleep for a few more hours and wake up and be totally fine. You should get up for 10 or 20 minutes but dont do anything mind stimulating. Maybe take a hot bath before bed, drink hot-cocoa and read until you get sleepy? That always worked for me. Good luck with everything, and congradulations!
    SpiritedTigress

Answer by SpiritedTigress at 3:40 PM on Jan. 28, 2009