What's to do in Raleigh, NC?

I'll be attending a wedding in Raleigh, NC in June with my husband and our baby (who'll be 14 months when we're there).

I think we're going to have quite a bit of time to kill. What are some fun things to do in the area?

We'll probably have a car and for the sake of argument, let's say we can spend 2 days and 1 night somewhere in the area (like go to Asheville for a couple of days).

Avarah

Asked by Avarah at 2:44 PM on Jan. 28, 2009 in Travel

• I live near asheville and thats a bit of a drive from Raleigh so keep that in mind. But in Charlotte theres an amusement park with a water park called carowinds. We go there all the time you can go to the web site www.carowinds.com You can also in Raleigh go to the natural history museum which is interesting itself and you would be right there. You can aso travel to Winston Salem and visit old salem thats about a two hour drive from raliegh.

Answer by gemgem at 2:48 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• The three malls are great here. Adventure landing is also here it's a big arcade place, with a litte golf course, and go carts, lazertag. Many restaurants like the cheesecake factory, olive garden. Nothing major exciting to do here.
    mzQ

Answer by mzQ at 1:16 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• I'm kinda getting that impression, MzQ! lol Thanks, y'all, for the help!
    Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 3:41 PM on Jan. 31, 2009