what's the best for my 2 month old who is severely congested? A humidifier or valporizer and what brand/make?

hellokittym24

Asked by hellokittym24 at 2:52 PM on Jan. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• you can try those, or you can turn the shower on really hot, sit in the bathroom and let the steam break it up. make sure you have the nose bulb so you can suck that stuff out while you're in there. also, are you breastfeeding? use it like saline drops. a couple drops in each nostril should work. if all else fails, saline drops work wonders. GL
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 2:53 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• I use the vicks vaporizor. You can also buy the vicks strips and put them in the vaporizor and they release vicks smell for like 6 hours. I put my ds in his swing in his room with that on at night because he sleeps more upright in there. The little noses saline drops work well too.
    Scoobersmom

Answer by Scoobersmom at 2:59 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• Be careful with both vap and humid. make sure both are very clean. Because they can spead even more germs that you don't want around your baby especially when they are sooo young.
    Anonymous

• I use little noses saline drops, I incline her crib mattress (put a pillow under the mattress on one side) and use a humidifier. I put Vicks Vapors in the water, and have it on at least 30 min before we take her to bed.

The shower is a good idea, too. It can help break all that stuff up. Works well for the croup cough, as well.
    christaberk

Answer by christaberk at 3:16 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• We have 2 warm mist humidifiers from Brookstone and they are resistant to bacteria etc. I know my husband is very vigilant about keeping them clean as the kids have one in each of their rooms.

We also saline both theirs noses every morning and when they were younger did the nasal bulb a lot.
    AussieMum2

Answer by AussieMum2 at 3:16 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• a cool air humidifyer is what the dr. told me to do.So that it would dry up
    Anonymous

• I had the same problem with my daughter around that age, they recomended COOL mist humidifier. Not warm mist, not sure why but they made that clear to me. Also try saline nose drops, they work wonders.

=)
    AudreysMommy798

Answer by AudreysMommy798 at 3:27 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• I dont use anything like that. They've never worked for me or the baby. Whenever she seems really congested i'll sit in the bathroom and turn the shower on as hot as it can get and let it turn into a steam room. After she's breathing fine i turn off the water and slowly open the door to let the steam out and let her SLOWLY adjust to the air so her breathing stays clear.
    SpiritedTigress

Answer by SpiritedTigress at 3:36 PM on Jan. 28, 2009