is my baby's belly button normal?

I have a toddler and from what I remember his belly button fell about 10 days after he was born and say when he as 2 1/2 wks old it was fine.

My newborn baby girl is now 3 wks old, she droped the belly button about 12 days after she was born, but now its been over a week and she still has the raw yellowee stuff in the middle, even though I clean it daily with alcohol, her ped said it was fine as long as it kept getting smaller and not bigger, but to me the thing looks the same....has anyones baby kept the belly button raw part for this long?

MomLuvsXavi

Asked by MomLuvsXavi at 3:00 PM on Jan. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my daughter's was like that for several weeks. it would seep blood and yellow ooze. it's fine now, though
    christaberk

Answer by christaberk at 3:12 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• yeah its fine. Just keep doin what you doin!
    Anonymous