advice on guys

i just met this really nice guy and i really like him but he has a verry busy life with working and kids i have a very restricted life and its hard to see him but we manage i just wanted some advice to know whether he likes me or is playing with me and what to do to keep the excitement there so he dont get bored

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:06 PM on Jan. 28, 2009 in Relationships

• If he's busy and ACTUALLY makes the EFFORT to see you?
    Then he's interested.
    BUTTT if he's always telling you to go there, it's one sided and may just want sex....
    Excitement.. hmmm keep it fresh I'd say, try different resturants you normally wouldn't go to, see indie films, go to art museums, play board games
    keeping it exciting on the sex front?
    The Kama Sutra book :) (i think is how it's spelt)
    Or just try various ways on various places in the home..
    My partner and I write down what we would like done to us, rip them into strips and put them in a bowl, mix it up and take turns picking :)
    DesignerMom0801

Answer by DesignerMom0801 at 3:20 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• You should not do anything except be yourself whenever you are with him. The only way to know whether or not a guy is really interested in you is to give him the opportunity to show you. You should not call him nor pursue him in any way. The other thing you should not do is have sex with him. You are looking for a husband, not a sex partner. You tell him that if he asks. You must love yourself to not allow yourself to be used by some guy who is only looking for sex. All the while, you should be looking at his character. How does he relate to his mother? His sister? Is he compassionate? Is he considerate? Is he selfish or selfless? Does he exercise self-control? These are the things that matter and the things that will keep a marriage stable.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 3:38 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• I'm with NannyB. She gives some sound advice. However, I do agree that you should make sure this guy is really someone you want for the long haul before having sex with him. But in my opinion, I think you should have sex before marriage so you know that he is at ease in that department too and that you have that in common. My advice is that you hold off on sex and date him for AT LEAST 3 months. Then you know that he is serious about getting to know you and just not in it for the sex or the conquest.

Also, a guy is more likely to stick around and fall in love if you don't have sex for quite some time.
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 5:14 PM on Jan. 28, 2009