my daughter just turn 6 months i feed her cereal and Gerber so after i feed her should i still give her her bottle? cause i mix her cereal with her formula she eats 4 ounces of formula so i just mix 2 ounces and at the end i give her the 2 left over in her bottle how do you do it? or how should i

_MORENA_

Asked by _MORENA_ at 3:16 PM on Jan. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I'm a bit confused by your question, first of all. I just feed my daugher until she won't eat anymore (well, I did when she was littler). They know (at a young age) when to stop eating.
    christaberk

Answer by christaberk at 3:19 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• i mix the cereal with water, feed it to her, and then give her a 6 oz bottle. sometimes she eats the whole bottle, sometimes she doesn't. it depends on how much cereal i give her. she's 6 months btw, and i did this with my son as well.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 3:20 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• you arent supposed to give cereal in a bottle.

you should be feeding her by spoon.
    if the baby does not know how to eat with a spoon then they are not ready to be eating cereal in the first place.
    Anonymous

• The cereal shouldn't replace the formula, just supplement. Feed her half of a normal bottle before feeding her cereal, and the other half when she's done.
    julipickle

Answer by julipickle at 3:22 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• my dr always told me milk then food then milk. So I feed my son as much milk as he wants his food then if he wants the rest of his bottle he can have it. Most dr.s want you to feed them with a spoon, but its okay to put it in her bottle.It want hurt her.Just make sure that you do introduce spoon feeding or you'll have a hard time getting her to eat her fruits and veggies!
    Anonymous

• this question came up many times before YOU NEVR EVER EVER GIVE A BABY CEREAL IN A BOTTLE THE ONLY THING THAT GOES IN A BOTTLE IS FORMULA OR BREAST MILK GOSH QUIT BEING LAZY MOMS AND FEED YOUR KIDS WITH A SPOON
    Anonymous

• i dont give cereal in a bottle i spoon feed her. i make her botlle of 4 ounces then i pour 2 ounces of the bottle in her tray and mix it with cereal then when shes done i give the bottle with the left over formula..
    _MORENA_

Answer by _MORENA_ at 3:26 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• Really? because this sounded like thats what you meant

"cause i mix her cereal with her formula she eats 4 ounces of formula so i just mix 2 ounces and at the end i give her the 2 left over in her bottle how do you do it?"
    Anonymous

• Oh gee are you seriously questioning her? What are you the cereal bottle police?
    julipickle

Answer by julipickle at 3:32 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• Feed a bottle of formula than wait an hour or two (depending on how much u give and how hungry ur daughter gets) than feed cereal in a bowl with a spoon. When u make cereal mix it with the formula too. That's how I do it and it works wonders. I dont understand why some moms put cereal in a bottle. I know someone who used to do it for every feeding and now her baby is very malnourished.
    Anonymous