How long should I wait after introducing cereal until I introduce veggies to my LO?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:19 PM on Jan. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• everyone has a different timeline. I started cereal at 3 mo and veggies at 4 mo. But we also still mostly breastfeed.
    christaberk

Answer by christaberk at 3:20 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• yeah different timeline for people. like my dd is 6 months and i just started her on cereal. i'm not planning on starting her on baby food for a long while. docs recommend you don't start cereal until 4-6 months, the later the better. the later the better for baby food and table food as well. this way you can try to keep them from having allergies later in life. but like i said every mom is different.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 3:22 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• We started out baby on cereal when she was about 4 months old, and veggies when she was 6 months old :3
    SpiritedTigress

Answer by SpiritedTigress at 3:25 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• My doctor told me to start veggies and fruits (stage one) around 4 months. I just introduced stage 2 to my daugter and she is 6 months.

Another rule of thumb is....
    Supported sitter- cereals, stage 1 foods.
    Independant sitter- Juices, stage 2 foods.
    Crawler- Stage 3 foods.
    Beginning to walk- Graduates

I hope this helps.
    AudreysMommy798

Answer by AudreysMommy798 at 3:26 PM on Jan. 28, 2009