• In the Spotlight:

My daughter is so clingy... HELP!

My daughter is almost 7 months old and I love her to death. I just recently started babysitting. My daughter now thinks she needs to be held all the time now, she has never been like this. I used to be able to put her in her exo saucer, and she would play and play. Or even sit her on the floor with toys, or in her play pen. But, now its every time I put her down she screams and cries.

She loves to be held, not just by me by anyone (my husband, our friends) anyone who will hold her and give her attention.

I dont know what to do, but babysitting fulltime during the week is becoming very difficult. Any advice would be so appreciated.

AudreysMommy798

Asked by AudreysMommy798 at 3:22 PM on Jan. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• how old is the kid/baby you're babysitting? you could let them play together or play with both of them.I used to babysit to.I had to give that up for the same reason you're goin thru.I wasnt able to give him the same amount of attention as i used too.Some of his routines were changed it sucked, but I promise it'll get better.
    Anonymous

• My daughter is 6 and a half months and the baby is 5 and a half months. They are both pretty happy go lucky babies, but my daughter is so clingy and its killing me.
    AudreysMommy798

Answer by AudreysMommy798 at 4:16 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• get a sling. you'll be hands free & she'll be happy & content. there are alot of benefits to babywearing.
    Anonymous

• I have tried that, she is too big for me to carry around... And when I food the other one that would be a problem
    AudreysMommy798

Answer by AudreysMommy798 at 5:12 PM on Jan. 28, 2009