When did you start stage 2 foods, (meats and stuff)?

Dd is almost 7 months. At dinner time, I feed her half of a stage one container of vegetables and half of a fruit. I read a menu on the Gerber website and for the independent sitters, it had stage two foods such as chicken and rice on it. She can sit by herself for a few weeks now. I just want to know when other mothers started, because I am not sure if I am ready to give that to her yet. When did you or when do you plan on starting?

BridgetC140

Asked by BridgetC140 at 3:31 PM on Jan. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I did stage one foods for about a week, then went strait to stage 2. She was about 5 1/2 or 6 months old, and she did great with it.
    At about 6 1/2 or 7 months we gave her stage 3, and she has been eating that ever since, along with some gerber finger foods (she is now 8 months)
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 3:48 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• my dr told me after starting my DD on stage one fo about a week that i could go right to stage 2 because there is no difference, very little anyways... meats was another thing, she didnt want her having jarred meats, and not until 9 months should i start giving her meats at all , like table meat... truthfully the meats are nasty anyways
    LuvsDanika

Answer by LuvsDanika at 3:34 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• My daugter is 6 and a half months, and at her 6 month check up the doctor told me to introduce stage 2 because they have more protien in them. I have been giving her stage 2 for about 3 weeks and she loves it.
    AudreysMommy798

Answer by AudreysMommy798 at 3:34 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• if you don't feel ready then don't worry about it.
    julipickle

Answer by julipickle at 3:34 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• If youre not ready then she probably isnt either. Mother knows best <3
    It is time, she is capable of eating and digesting so give her the stage 2's when youre comfortable and when you feel that she is completely ready.

My little girl is almost 7 months, but she still needs support while sitting. I havent done much with spoon feeding because all she does is spit it on me.. But after she's got the stage 1 down and sitting up on her own i'll give her the 2 :3
    SpiritedTigress

Answer by SpiritedTigress at 3:34 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• oh and BTW she is 8 months, i started giving her food at 4 months and gerber puffs and stuff when she was 5-6 months
    LuvsDanika

Answer by LuvsDanika at 3:35 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• I hit the stage 2 foods at about 7.5 months. I think if you've done the gamut of stage 1 foods and you've had no food reactions, then you can probably give it a go.

You can always try one and see how it goes. If your baby doesn't seem to like it or isn't ready for the mixed flavors, you can always toss the rest of the jar and try again in a few weeks, right? :)
    Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 3:37 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• I would go ahead.No harm in it.tho I doubt she'll like the meat! I tasted it before to see why my son wasnt eating it and trust me it tastes how it smells!She might like it tho!
    Anonymous

• Are there any that I super nasty that I shouldn't even bother buying? Do you think she is old enough for the puffs? I would love her to start a little snack like that.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 3:53 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• we started stage 2 about when my DD turned 6 mo. we're gonna start stage 3 in a week or 2 when shes 8 mo. the stage 2 jars arent filling her up anymore, thats how we know its time to move up.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 3:55 PM on Jan. 28, 2009