SEXUAL HARRASMENT QUESTION AM I UNDER REACTING??

My daughter is 15 during PE while running a boy hit her butt. Two of her friends say he did this on purpose. The boy said it was an accident he asked his friend what he should do he felt so badly. He went to my daughter to apologize, my daughter screemed and told head of security. Now this boy is going to be susbend for two days. Finals are this week and I was asked by principal if it would be okay with me if the boy stayed in school for finals. He would be suspended Monday and Tuesday I said yes. Am I under reacting???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:38 PM on Jan. 28, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• The poor guy honestly seems sorry. He came to her and sincerely apologized without being made to. I think she should accept the apology, and let him get on with his life. Most boys would probably have thought it was funny, laughed about it, and never even considered saying they were sorry.
    lighthousemom3

Answer by lighthousemom3 at 5:59 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• No
    Anonymous

• I don' think so. She should have accepted the apology. It isn't like he spanked her or pinched her or grabbed her boob. He accidentally touched her bottom in gym. He shouldn't have to miss finals over a silly accident.
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 3:40 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• i agree with navy wife.. she should have accepted his apology... poor kid.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 3:42 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• I also think you need to have a talk with your daughter.
    dakotaNrye

Answer by dakotaNrye at 3:44 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• I second that talk with DD.
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 3:46 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• I have talked to my daughter she does not want this boy to get suspended. I agree she should have accepted his apology. Witnesses wrote written statements on what they saw. I also feel bad for this young man. I asked what kind of student he was and was told excellent, never in trouble lives with his Aunt.

Anonymous

• So did he really do it on purpose? If so then you need to figure out intent. He probably just wanted her to notice him. Poor kids. Both of them.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 4:04 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• It sounds to me like the whole thing just got blown out of proportion. Her friends said something they can't really know (really, how do THEY know he did it on purpose?), she overreacted when he came to apologize, and it turned into a big deal. If she's willing to let it go, and he's such a good kid, I'd talk to the principal and ask him to drop the suspension. If he won't, then I see nothing wrong with saying he could do it next week, so as not to miss finals. Why risk really screwing up his life over something that isn't that big a deal?
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 5:10 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• its a slap on the butt! hes a teenager & a guy, PERV!
    just let her slap him & if he trys touching her again, thennn get everybody involved.
    Anonymous