I am not a Birther, but

I think this is a good article to discuss? What are your thoughts. Barack Obama's literary agency in a booklet published in 1991 says that he was born in Kenya. Obama had to look over and approve what they had written. Was this a mistake? Did he choose to keep it in there, because it might have made him sound more exotic? This seems like something that should have been caught. What are your thoughts?

Link

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:39 PM on May. 17, 2012 in Politics & Current Events

• Where in that article does it say that the publisher confirmed it was their work?
    BrawnwynII

Answer by BrawnwynII at 3:42 PM on May. 17, 2012

• Call me stupid, but I honestly don't understand your question?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:45 PM on May. 17, 2012

• Are you implying this is may not a real book that it is a fake?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:46 PM on May. 17, 2012

• Sorry may not be a, not may not a
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:47 PM on May. 17, 2012

• I'm not really implying anything. I'm just saying that anyone could print up a booklet, slap a publishers name on it and include any information they wanted to.

I could do it in 20 minutes with Publisher.

So, it would be more credible if the publisher confirmed that they had, in fact, developed the brochure and that the information in the brochure is the same as they were given to publish
    BrawnwynII

Answer by BrawnwynII at 3:51 PM on May. 17, 2012

• Quote: The booklet, the post stated, is evidence “not of the President’s foreign origin, but that Barack Obama’s public persona has perhaps been presented differently at different times.”

This statement was fascinating to me. If we in fact have a president who presented himself/allowed himself to be presented in different ways, then the big controversy really makes sense. Maybe it isn't so 'crazy' that people don't believe he was born in the USA. If he has willingly allowed the truth to be 'blurred' for his image then those asking questions shouldn't be treated with disdain. He brought it on himself.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 4:28 PM on May. 17, 2012

• Isn't this something that should have come out at least 4 years ago? Oh, wait, some people did try to get this info out there. Along with his wife stating the very same thing. But those who believed were laughed off, and the media had no interest in anything that may have made Obama look anything other than a rock star.

I don't know if I believe it or not. It is too easy these days to fake stuff. So, I may look at things, but I don't necessarily believe them.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 4:47 PM on May. 17, 2012

• I think an amendment that all required original documents be submitted at the time someone files the paperwork to run for the office of president is needed. No exceptions. This is truly getting old ... and if it EVER comes out (I don't care if he's 90 and in a wheelchair) that Obama was NOT eligible to run or be elected as president, I wouldn't waste a single tear if he were tarred, feathered, and dumped down a well used privy with a lit match!
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 5:06 PM on May. 17, 2012

• I am not a birther, but there are things that come up that I think are questionable.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:30 PM on May. 17, 2012

• I think the amendment we need is to do away with the birth requirement in the first place. It hasn't guaranteed good presidents, and being born here doesn't guarantee you're a patriot. Most of the people convicted of treason in our country's history were born in the USA.

I don't CARE where Obama was born. Hell, my very own birth certificate is a tissue of lies; the state of Massachusetts declared my adoptive parents to be my parents and that's what's on the only birth certificate I can obtain.

The ONLY good thing I can say about the birth requirement is that it prevents Arnold Schwarzenegger from running for President. He messed up enough in California.

Answer by gdiamante at 9:48 PM on May. 17, 2012