My New Crock-Pot

Hi everyone!
Well, I ended-up buying a crock-pot, (at Walmart) and before I cook in it, I thought it might be a good idea to ask "seasoned" slow cookers if anyone here has the same model; and if so, share their personal likes & dislikes, if any?
It appeared to get good reviews, but I thought I'd get some expert opinions!
I am new to crock-pots and slow cooking, so any input would be appreciated!

*It is a Hamilton Beach-Stay or Go Slow Cooker-6 Quart Capacity.

Thanks,
Debbie

sharebearmomof2

Asked by sharebearmomof2 at 3:42 PM on Jan. 28, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Is it the one with the probe?

I got that model for Christmas and LOVE it. The only issue I've had is that if I have it on manual settings, it will shut off when it feels the meal is done - regardless of actual temp. This happens with the probe not in, and not on probe mode. Setting it for # of hours needed solves the problem.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 4:30 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• I don't have that model, but I do have 2 crockpots and the biggest thing I have found is if it doesn't have a removable crock....don't keep it. They are difficult to wash with the electrical.

The other great thing I have found is the crock pot liners, I think from Reynolds. They save the cleanup of trying to get stuck on food from cooking for long periods. I think they are worth whatever they cost (I forget the price).
    Ruby0213

Answer by Ruby0213 at 7:29 PM on Jan. 28, 2009