Nuvaring to Ortho Tricyclan Lo

I'm sure there are women out there that take Ortho Tricyclan Lo ... what are you experiences with it?

I am currently on the Nuvaring and LOVE it, but my insurance does not cover it. So instead of spending $50+ per month on it, I am switching to Ortho Tricyclan Lo. I hate taking the pill, but it's cheaper than the Nuvaring.

So how was your experience with it?

ap9902

Asked by ap9902 at 3:43 PM on Jan. 28, 2009 in Health

• I always loved it. I was put on Lo because I got yeast infections a LOT and that pill has lower amounts of estrogen in it, so it helped keep them away! The pills are super small to, so no problem swallowing them. I've tried a few different forms of bc and I always went back to Ortho because it had the lease amount of side effects. Never affected my mood, my periods only lasted a day on it, loved it!
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 3:45 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• I went from Ortho Tricyclan Lo to Nuva Ring. I went through several birth control pills to try and find the right one for me. Ortho Tricyclan Lo was the first and only pill that didn't make me sick, overly, emotional, hungry, or bitchy. I loved it. The only reason I switched to Nuva Ring was because I kept forgetting to take the pill everyday. I like Nuva Ring better because of the convenience but if I ever have to go back on he pill I will definitely be using Ortho Tricyclan Lo.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 3:48 PM on Jan. 28, 2009