is this okay at this age?

my son is 10mths and I want to start giving him those gerber puffs and the lil crunchies and such, but i'm scared to death about him chocking on it.I know they melt, but whats a good way to show him to chew and at what age is okay for these things?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:43 PM on Jan. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I don't know about the puffs, but I started giving Kaylee the Gerber Biter Biscuts and Apple Wagon Wheels when she was 7 months old and she did great with them.

I think really it depends on your babies developement and what else you have given in regards to solids. If you have given nothing yet, I recommend the Biter Biscuts. They are really thick and very difficult for baby to break off a piece and choke (until, of course, they get to the very last inch and shove the whole thing in their mouth - ugh!)
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 3:46 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• i started my first born on the puffs at 10 months. they melt right away on the tongue. i tried them myself to make sure. i gave her a biter biscuits at 9 months. the lil crunchies i waited till she was 1 just because they dont melt as fast and as easy as the puffs
    jaygal86

Answer by jaygal86 at 3:53 PM on Jan. 28, 2009