wodering what to do?

problems after miscarriage
when I was married to my first husband I became pregnant. during intimacy I felt a sudden sharp pain then cramps and began to bleed heavily,soon after I discharged a round shaped tissue like ball that sort resembled a peeled orange,but tightly closed ,dark and bloody. soon after the bleeding stopped .when I got to the doctor they told me that I tested positive for still being pregnant. about a month later for my ultra sound the doctor told me that there was no baby there and that some times women test posotive for pregnancy when they actually aren't. since then my cycle use to last six days but it started to only last three. I've have since divorced and am now remarried. I'm not on birth control but haven't been able to concieve. has any one gone through anything similar or have any ideas?

claudia1219

Asked by claudia1219 at 3:46 PM on Jan. 28, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I lost my baby also sorry for your loss. I had all the same symptoms yet I tested negative. I was already seeing a fertilty doctor but if you have not seen one yet I would def get with one they have some many answers and procedures to help find out what is going. Also maybe its not all you, maybe your new husband needs to be checked also. Take care and the best of luck to you.
    Tris_09

Answer by Tris_09 at 4:58 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• I had 3 miscarriages before having my son. My first miscarriage sounds a lot like your's. Depending on how soon after your miscarriage you had the blood work done, you probably still had pregnancy hormones which gave you a positive result. It can take a few weeks sometimes to get rid of all of the hormones and test negative again.
    Your periods going from 6 to 3 days does not sound like a problem to me as long as they are consistent and regular. How long have you and your new husband been trying? Give it at least 6 months to 1 year to work. If you have been trying for longer than a year then go see your doctor.
    AlliO2

Answer by AlliO2 at 5:36 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• After having two children my periods went down from 7 day long gush fests to a 2 to 3 day very light bleed. perhaps the miscarriage had the same affect on you.

I am sorry for your loss.
    LuckyClown

Answer by LuckyClown at 6:14 PM on Jan. 28, 2009