Should i or shouldn't I

ok.. so i asked the hubby and hes a man so his answer is not helpin LOL.. but i wana go to college to get degree in teaching so i can home-school my children (school's these days are horrible ) n i'm wondering if its a good idea since  i 'll be done b4 my baby is due.. i will be needing something to do since hubby will be working alot of hours and my DD will be in daycare with my aunt.. any advice!?

vannismom12

Asked by vannismom12 at 9:40 PM on May. 17, 2012 in

• If this is something you are passionate about than go for it. I hope the best for you!!
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 9:42 PM on May. 17, 2012

• you can go to college and get a teaching degree in less than 9mos??

ok.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:44 PM on May. 17, 2012

• Do you have to have a teaching degree to homeschool your kids where you are? I've never heard of that. I have tons of friends who homeschool but none of them have degrees in education. Unless you eventually plan to teach in the schools, I wouldn't think it would be a smart use for your money.

Answer by missanc at 9:52 PM on May. 17, 2012

• college is very fun, it will get you out of the house, everyone is nice to pregnant people.
    themodestgal

Answer by themodestgal at 10:02 PM on May. 17, 2012

• If you're planning to finish in 9 months, you must be pretty close to finishing your degree right now anyway, right? Why not finish if you're this close, I guess!
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 3:30 PM on May. 18, 2012

• You do not need a teaching degree to be a successful homeschooler. However, a good grasp of spelling and grammar are basic necessities.

Perhaps a better option would be to find a great school system that will prepare your child for college. If you are in Chicago, I will be happy to help you navigate the system. If not, you can start here:  http://www.greatschools.org/

Answer by rkoloms at 10:13 PM on May. 18, 2012

• It takes a lot longer than 9 months to get a degree in elementary education in my area.
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 2:28 PM on May. 23, 2012