OUCH! Sharp pain for a few days

I'm 28 weeks and for the past few days, I've had this horrible sharp pain in my lower left abdomen. Do you think the baby has just lodged herself into a position that's causing pain in that area?

blainesmommy03

Asked by blainesmommy03 at 3:46 PM on Jan. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• yah
    Anonymous

• Yes, probably or you could be growing some more & they are stretching pains. I had really bad ones.
    themacs4

Answer by themacs4 at 3:49 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• its probably ligament pain. I had that all the time. The dr always told me its normal. its round ligament pain lol. He was so funny!
    Anonymous

• i had the same problem....and I am 38 weeks now....so asked my doc about it. She said it's probably muscle spasm....from baby moving to different directions....
    julee82

Answer by julee82 at 3:50 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• It's "round ligament pain" and can be very severe in first time pregnancies. I had it and doubled over in tears every time I coughed or sneezed. It helps to gently hold your belly if you need to sneeze and makes it not hurt so bad.

NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 3:56 PM on Jan. 28, 2009