Blood in 3wk olds poop?

I was changing my dd a few min ago and I wiped her and there was blood on the wipe so I looked to see id her butt was irritated and it wasnt from there. So I looked closer to her poop and there was streaks of blood in it. It looked like it was just mixed in with in. It is hard to explain. I called the dr and am waiting for a call back but I am worried. Any idea what it could be? It wasnt hard poop either it as loose and the last little but was watery sorry I know tmi sorry but I am really worried I have never seeni it before in my other 2 kids.

edgpag

Asked by edgpag at 3:48 PM on Jan. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• r u feeding formula or breastfeeding? i son had blood in his stool when he was really little and it was bc he couldnt have the formula that we were giving him. he had to be put on a special kind of formula.
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 4:00 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• call your pedi
    Anonymous

• Call her pedi's office & tell them! They'll probably want you to come in. I don't know what it would be, but good luck!
    themacs4

Answer by themacs4 at 3:51 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• I said in the post I put a call into the dr and am wait for them to call me back but thanks
    edgpag

Answer by edgpag at 3:51 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• Oh, sorry! I should read instead of skimming!! Good Luck!
    themacs4

Answer by themacs4 at 3:52 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• was she straining hard o poop? I know you said it was loose, but maybe thats it or If she hasnt eaten anything that color.She is a lil young for babyfood but I had to put my son on bbyfood at that age and the poop was all kinds of colors! Hope she is okay.
    Anonymous

• oh sorry I thought it said 3mths...But do let us know what the dr says!
    Anonymous

• No she isnt eating baby food. and no she dosent strain I dont even know she has gone until I smell it.

And sorry I wasnt talking to the first anon I didnt even see your post until after I wrote mine.
    edgpag

Answer by edgpag at 3:55 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• Breastfeeding.
    edgpag

Answer by edgpag at 4:04 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• Ok I just talked to the nurse. and they made her an appt for tomorrow she said that if it gets worse or just flows out then to take her to the er.
    edgpag

Answer by edgpag at 4:20 PM on Jan. 28, 2009