i was wondering if myh daughter is to young to have spring water or juices she is three months 1week and three days?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:48 PM on Jan. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would say yes she is too young, but only because my daughter's pedi said no juices till 6 months. It is up to you though. You're her mommy!! :)
    themacs4

Answer by themacs4 at 3:50 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• I agree with the PP. I always heard only formula or breast milk until 6 months old.
    mazonmom

Answer by mazonmom at 3:55 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• I was giving my son juice at that age, but only if he was constipated.I woul be a lil scared that she would have some blow outs lol! Ask her dr. what they think
    Anonymous

• Spring water should be fine according to my pediatrician but not juice at this time.
    Momuvtwinz

Answer by Momuvtwinz at 3:56 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• I say she is too young.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 3:57 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• Yes. Way too young. No water until 6 months and no juice until 9 months or later is what I was told.
    She should be getting all the nutrients and fluid she needs from breastmilk or formula. She doesn't need water, especially unfiltered ground water (spring water). She doesn't need the sugars that are in juice.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 3:58 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• She is too young becouse the water will fill her up . Then she wont be hungrey to eat her formula of nurse . I was concerned about this with my DD during the summer She was 3 months old in AUgust and her doc said its unhealthy - to much water can cause Rickets ( a bone thinning disorder) and Juice can cause a sweet tooth and make it hard for you to get her started on veggies later. But if you do decide to give her juice cut it 50/50 with water . I still do that for my almost 3 year and she doesnt mind a bit - she gets less sugar and I save $$ on juice
    mama516

Answer by mama516 at 4:28 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• my son is 2 months and gets juice but i do it 50/50 with water he only gets it becuase the ped said to give it to him because of constipation
    mom-to-be21

Answer by mom-to-be21 at 4:32 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• She's too young. Wait until at LEAST 6 months. Her stomach is still small, and it will fill her up. Besides that, I wouldn't want to get her used to sweet things so early!! You're also supposed to start with veggies instead of fruits when you start foods.
    mrseum

Answer by mrseum at 4:42 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• that's too young. no baby needs anything but breastmilk for their entire first year. the AAP minimum for introduction of anything other than breastmilk is 6mos. so don't fill her up on useless, sweet, harmful to her little belly junk.
    Anonymous