saying things you regret....

So, I got into it with my SO, long story...anyways, I ended up telling him I wished he would just die. yea, I know I not only crossed the line, but spit on it and burned it. I've tried appoligizing , I don't know what else to do. please no bashing, I already feel horrible as it is

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:52 PM on Jan. 28, 2009 in Relationships

• There isn't going to some magic thing you can do to make it all better. You can't take back words, which is why is so important to think before you speak. Other than saying your sorry, admitting YOU were wrong and asking for him to forgive you, I don't think there is much you can do.
    luvnmy3kid

Answer by luvnmy3kid at 3:55 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• I am so sorry.

Kisses and a contrite nature go a long way.

Good luck!
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 4:01 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• One of the saddest facts of life is that once words are spoken, they cannot be taken back. You can say you didn't mean them, you can ask forgiveness, but they have struck their mark. Some persons are probably better at dealing with the damage than are others. I think sometimes the damage is permanent in that those words can be so embedded in the mind that it's like the replaying of a tape. The person will hear them for the rest of his/her life. It depends on the sensitivity of the individual.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 4:08 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• Instead of apologizing sooooo much, just stop and show your SO that you can't and don't want to live without them. I know that will be hard, but, things said in the heat of the moment are hard for someone to get rid of in their mind. Show the person how you really feel, but, don't apologize anymore. And one thing I didn't read, Ask for forgiveness on this one. You can't keep apologizing and begging cause each time you do you bring it up. Just show them now and keep on showing them.Asking for forgiveness is real and from the heart.
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 4:19 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• i would sit down a write him a letter and be sincere and tell him all of the things you love about him and everything that he does do that you appreciate. also explain that u know how wrong it was that you said that.
    I have these fights with my man although it has never gotten to that level i have called him an asshole and told him fuck you and stuff like that and he has never called me a name not once or ever said fuck you to me so i always feel bad
    mommie2twogirls

Answer by mommie2twogirls at 1:00 AM on Jan. 29, 2009