17 and a half weeks doc appointment...

I am currently 16 weeks 5 days. My doc appt is next week , do you think it's far along enough to determine what gender my baby will be ?

Asked by babymomma4 at 3:55 PM on Jan. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Proabably so, but my dr.'s office wouldn't do the gender ultrasound till 20 weeks, just to make sure they were accurate! Good Luck!

Answer by themacs4 at 3:56 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• It is far enough along, but they may hold off the ultrasound for a few more weeks. That ultrasound is typically done between 18-22weeks.

• Most likely if you have an u/s. I had one at 16 weeks and they could tell.

Answer by L_Bass at 4:48 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• yah i went tro the same thing my last dr appt i was 17 weeks i begged but they made me wait i find out tomarrow ill be 19w 4d but its gettin closer, is all up to ur doc they might do one but most dont until 19-20w.

Answer by lmholder06 at 5:15 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• hey ! we are real close together!!! next wed I will be 17 weeks and two days, I get an ultrasound every four weeks because of a procedure I had- my cervix could possibly get too thin too early so the give me extra ultrasounds to make sure my cervix is long enough to keep in the little acrobat.

anyway to answer your question my doc said chances are this will be the one where i can see gender (crossing my fingers for a boy)

Answer by LuckyClown at 5:57 PM on Jan. 28, 2009