I hate my neighbor!

My neighbor (who lives right above me) says we are very noisy. We slam doors and stay up late having parties for about 2 weeks straight! This guy must be nuts! We have over 3 friends at the most yeah they may stay over til 1:30am but we do not go all crazy! We may laugh a little loud, but we're not bumping music at 2 or 3 in the morning!!! Then he says he has surveillance of us! And that he doesn't have a problem with suing us! Is it just me or is my neighbor freaking losing it!? What can I do so he doesn't give me anymore headaches? I'm about to lose it.

Sweetkandi13

Asked by Sweetkandi13 at 3:47 AM on May. 18, 2012 in Home & Garden

• i would call the land lord and talk to them. i'm curious as to what kind of surveillance this guy has and wether or not he can prove it is from where and when he says. cause without that and without any complaints to a land lord about you guys i do not think there is a whole lot that will happen.
    MooNFaeRie30

Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 5:56 AM on May. 18, 2012

• I agree call your landlord,, but honestly being noisy at 1;30 am (esp on a weeknight) would make me nutty, I guess you could buy him some earplugs,, lol! I would also ask the landlord about the surveillance? That is too creepy for words.
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 8:27 AM on May. 18, 2012

• The surveillance thing was probably just said to hopefully scare you into not being loud into the wee hours of the morning. You said yourself that you laugh loud. I'd talk to the landlord about it, but I would also cut him some slack. This is what happens when you live in apartments...you have the too loud neighbors and you have the neighbors who want everyone to be very quiet...neither is ideal to live around. You happen to be one of them and he happens to be the other.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 8:34 AM on May. 18, 2012

• That's why I hate apartment living.... AAK is spot on.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 8:42 AM on May. 18, 2012

• Talk to him ask for specifics and try to stop doing what he is complaining about.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 9:19 AM on May. 18, 2012

• Have you considered that you may well be giving your neighbor headaches? 1:30 in the morning may be fine on your schedule, but if your neighbor works and has to be up at 5 or 6 in them morning, you are actually depriving them of sleep. Same goes if you have elderly neighbors. Part of being a good neighbor is showing some consideration for your neighbors. If you don't want them to give you headaches you need to not pass them out first.

It's one thing if you have something special going on, but if you are constantly slamming doors, up late and laughing loud, etc. your neighbor may well have a legitimate complaint.
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 5:29 PM on May. 18, 2012

• My landlord wants nothing to do with this, only because there has been too many complaints between everyone. No one likes this neighbor. Yes, I know 1:30 is late. But its not a everyday thing and its usually close to the weekend. And I know they don't get up early. When I leave early, both cars are still there and when I come back there still there. I know we get loud cause one of my friends has a loud laugh (he can't help it) And the slamming of doors only happend like once. And none of my neighbors are elderly. Our other neighbors like us. He the only one that doesn't and no one likes them. And when we do talk to him he trys to talk down to us and tried to scare by saying we're breaking the law, he's gonna call the cops and that he is willing to sue us. And accuses us of smoking weed!
    Sweetkandi13

Comment by Sweetkandi13 (original poster) at 10:30 PM on May. 18, 2012

• I had a troublemaker for a neighbor also, & my only solution was to move. I hate apartment living. Now I live in a home, but we have neighbors who like to party with music so loud we can hear it throughout our house even with all the doors & windows closed. It's even loud all the way at the end of our street. Can't move now...no longer renting. we call the cops when things get out of hand.
    IheartTea

Answer by IheartTea at 6:32 PM on Jun. 4, 2012