How do I get my 9 month old to sleep all night in his crib!

All of a sudden my 9 month old son is not wanting to sleep in his crib! He falls asleep and either wakes up as soon as you place him in his crib or he will wake up an hour later and then 2 or 3 times through the night. I am so tired and at my wits end! I don't know what to do. I have tried letting him cry it out like everyone is telling me to, this morning he cried for 2 hours! From 3:30 am to 5:30 am. I was going in their occasionally to lay him back down. I don't know what else to do. It is so hard to listen to him cry! help!

nitenurse074

Asked by nitenurse074 at 4:01 PM on Jan. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I dont know..I was wondering the same thing, becuz I cant keep my son in his bed either. I havent tried to the cry it out thing. It would drive me a lil crazy to him cry for me like that. Maybe they're just mama's boys! Let me know if you find the secret!
    sara3308

Answer by sara3308 at 4:15 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• GET HIM! the answer is obvious! he doesn't wanna sleep there. CIO is unhelpful, but even those who believe in it know that 2 hours is WRONG. pick him up & comfort him. if he wants to sleep w/ you, let him. don't give him any unnecessary stress.
    Anonymous

• If I were in your shoes, I'd bring him into bed with me when he gets upset.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 5:20 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• Well, I tried the cio method but I would just let him cry for 3 minutes then go in and lay him back down in his crib and comfort him, then leave and let him cry for 5 minuetes and keep doing the same thing but for no longer than 15 minutes or so.....then he eventually fell aleep on his own and now he goes to sleep ( I rock him) at 8pm and wakes at 6am for a bottle then goes back to sleep until sometimes 9 o'clock. He sleeps great now!
    nitenurse074

Answer by nitenurse074 at 11:50 AM on Feb. 8, 2009