Has anyone had gall bladder problems while pregnant?

I have sharp pain under my right breast,sometimes can be felt in back. It hurts worst at night and after I eat. I am told it could be gall bladder. Anyone have this problem and what can be done about it? I am 24 weeks prego. Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:12 PM on Jan. 28, 2009 in Health

• i did. i would have serious pain at the top of my stomach to the point it would take me to the ground and i felt like i was going to pass out, then after about 10 minutes it would stop completely. i called my dr and she said that it was indigestion. wrong. after i had my son, in fact at our 2 week check up my mom and i had gone to a store and i almost blacked out, had to be rushed by ambulance to the er. by the time i got there it was over. so it was a mystery for a little while, then again the ambulance ride in the middle of the night and the mystery pain was gone upon arrival. so, when my son was 1 month old, i went to a surgeon and he examined my gallbladder, i had like 8 stones in there. the pain is from them trying to pass, getting stuck, and the pain goes away when they go back into your gallbladder. i had my gallbladder out when my son was 1 month old. now, i have pancreas pains!!
    Logansmommy81

Answer by Logansmommy81 at 4:20 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• I had horrible pains, it almost felt like it was it was directly in the middle of my body but almost where my actual stomach is. And the pain would often go threw to my back and hurt so bad i would scream and cry and moan until i blacked out and then when i came to it would still hurt just as bad. My doctor told me it was acid reflux but i knew it wasn't. And sometimes i would make myself throw up and that would help a little. And the doctors tried changing my diet and that as well helped a little but he still kept telling me that it was normal with pregnancy. Right after i had my daughter it was still horrible to the point i finally went to the E.R. and sure enough, it was my gall bladder, They said it was completely full of stones and had to be removed right away. So it was removed later that night and even though i was in pain from the surgery, i had already felt tons better. So maybe watch your diet until baby comes.
    FinleyFirst

Answer by FinleyFirst at 5:42 PM on Jan. 28, 2009