This really burned my britches....

Ok, so i need to vent for a sec and see if this has ever happened to anyone. I just went into the courthouse to get the registration tags for my truck. The truck is financed and registered in my grandmas name. I pay the payment, and carry the insurance on it. I went in with my proof of insurance and the thing i got in the mail for registration and was ready to hand them over the $98.36 dollars to get the little sticker thing. They wouldn't let me. They told me i had to bring a written letter from my grandmother that says i can register it.Even though, i had the proof that i have the truck covered on my insurance. They said it was a new policy. I said well if must be beauuse just befor christmas i came in here for my boss and picked up all his tags and paid for them without an bit of trouble. I was so irritated because going in there, takes for ever. And this is a small town . Like4000 people. Ever happened to anyone.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:14 PM on Jan. 28, 2009 in Money & Work

• Oh, and i was going to pay with cash, and they told me they can't take cash anymore. Just check , credit card, money order anything but cash.
    Anonymous

• No but I don't think it makes much sense. As long as they're making money and the tags are paid for, who cares who the money is coming from???
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 4:16 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• Oh, and this was also in texas.
    Anonymous

• I've renewed the tags on my husband's truck before and it is only in his name... never had a problem. I used to have a car that was in my father's name and I always took care of that myself too. The only problem I ever had was that I couldn't have insurance in my name alone... my father had to be on it since it was legally his vehicle.

I don't know what kind of problems they would run into with that, except maybe stolen vehicles, but who's dumb enough to try and register a stolen vehicle?? Makes about as much sense as when I tried to deposit money into my husband's bank account before we got married and they wouldn't let me because I wasn't on the account. I couldn't put money IN. Weird.
    Silvertears1275

Answer by Silvertears1275 at 4:19 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• Makes about as much sense as when I tried to deposit money into my husband's bank account before we got married and they wouldn't let me because I wasn't on the account.
    I know, i guess people really are starting to dislike money. I have had the problem at the bank before. So i changes banks, and havn't had a problem since, and my husband is not on my new account either. But every week, i put his check into my account, and he isn't ever there. The old bank told me that if i brought proof of his signature that i could do it. ITs not like i could carry around his license with me. Banks and places can be so irritating.
    Anonymous

• Thats how it is here in Wa state. Have to have a letter from the registered legal owner of the auto
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 4:23 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• I live in MO & never had a problem. In fact, I bought a car at CarMax & one of the services they offer (for free) is they go register your vehicle & pick up your license plates for you! That's too bad they are giving you such a hard time about it.
    Anonymous

• NO company anywhere is allowed to forfeit cash. It says right on it, for all debts public and private. It's money!!!!! You could have walked up with your 99 bucks as rolled up pennies and they still have to take it.
    Anonymous

• Yeah it happened to me. In June (in Colorado) my hubby bought a car. He works five 10 hour days a week. I had to have him sign a partial power of attourney so they would let me register it. They said they didnt take cash anymore either.
    momofMiles

Answer by momofMiles at 5:10 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• Can you renew online?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:57 AM on Jan. 29, 2009