Would you be jealous?

This is horrible of me to even think this but I am honestly kind of jealous... of my mom... She recently had stomach reduction surgery and has been losing weight and told me two days ago that she is down to a size 16pants. I am VERY happy for her because she has struggled with weight loss/gain most of MY lifetime and I know it was really important for her health and well-being to get the surgery. But at the same time I honestly feel that a lot of MY body image issues are her fault and I wish she would've just been more accepting of being overweight when i was younger...does that make sense? I really do need to lose weight and WANT to, i just don't have any motivation or support to do it right now, especially that she lives 4+ hrs away. If she had done all this surgery and eating healthier and stuff while still living near me I would be right there with her working out or going for walks or whatever I could to support her. Sigh... guess I just get over it and ask her to save some of her old clothes (that are now too big for her) for me because I don't see myself getting out of a size 20 anytime soon :P

DreainCO

Asked by DreainCO at 12:14 PM on May. 18, 2012 in Diet & Fitness

• I'd be a bit envious but if you want to lose weight you need to step up and do it. I know it isn't easy. I suggest EA Active for the Wii if you have one.
    xXMarlyeXx

Answer by xXMarlyeXx at 12:17 PM on May. 18, 2012

• i understand what you are saying and you feel that she helped contribute to your bad habits. I know it is really hard especially when you have no support. Maybe you can skype each other or email and share recipes, that would be fun...try to support each other.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 12:19 PM on May. 18, 2012

• I wouldn't be.. but if you feel that way then you could look into it or feel more accomplished losing the weight on your own.
    mommys2cupcakes

Answer by mommys2cupcakes at 12:27 PM on May. 18, 2012

• in some how but...
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 12:53 PM on May. 18, 2012

• No I wouldn't feel jealous. My mom has struggled with her weight for many years since her thyroid was removed. She was doing great and looking awesome until she had a terrible car accident almost 6 years ago and the weight has come back and then some. I would be happy for her. I actually taught my mom a thing or two about eating healthy when I was young b/c I preferred salads to just about anything else. You will only find the motivation you are looking for when you hit YOUR rock bottom with your self-esteem and health.
    coala

Answer by coala at 1:05 PM on May. 18, 2012

• You can do the same without getting your stomach stapled. All you gotta do is get at least 30 minutes of vigorous exercise a day, eat healthy meals, eat veggies, eat fruits, drink lots of water, reducing your bread/pasta/cereal and flour intake.
    onelove1982

Answer by onelove1982 at 2:41 AM on May. 21, 2012