15 Month Old hating Baths Suddenly.

My daughter has always loved baths even when she was just a few days old. Then about three weeks ago she starting hating them. She starts crying, she won't sit down, she's so upset and scared her whole body is trembling. I can't figure out why this is. I don't remember anything that would have scared her into hating baths. (Like having the water too hot, she slipped or anything like that) I have even tried getting in the bath with her and giving her some new toys to play with but that doesn't seem to help either.... Anyone have any suggestions as to why she would hate baths suddenly?? or what I can do to make bath time enjoyable again for the both of us???

Mom2vanna

Asked by Mom2vanna at 4:15 PM on Jan. 28, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• She may have a sensativity to the soap or temperature all of a sudden try changing it and make it fun with toys.
    Baby1114

Answer by Baby1114 at 4:17 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• Does her vagina look irritated? or has she had a diaper rash? It could be a phase. My DD loved bathtime, up until my husband left for basic training and ait. The entire time he was gone, jan-aug she HATED them. Wouldn't take them, not even if I was in it. Right after she left she got a diaper rash with a yeast infection and was miserable... but she loves them again!

I know lots of babies who went through that phase though. Good luck!
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 4:25 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• This is something that many kids go through. My son and daughter both did. Ususlly it is more about the hair washing, so we find ways around it by washing hair in the sink with the sprayer and then bathtime is just for fun and washing the body. It is something they will grow out of but it can last a few months. Maybe buy a nifty bath toy that he/she really likes and usa a few drops of food coloring to make the water diff. colors.
    LoveMyBlessings

Answer by LoveMyBlessings at 5:12 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• My daughter went through this too, lasted for a couple of months - it was frusterating to say the least.. Anyway I would leave all her toys right outside the bathtub while the tub was filling up & she enjoyed throwing all her toys in one at a time & then she would get excited to go in after them, Also I bought one of those bubble machines you suction cup to the side of the shower b/c she loves bubbles.
    Also It's still a pain in the butt to wash her hair, which I think is why in her case she started hating taking baths in the first place. I think when I try to get the shampoo out it was dripping into her eyes, she still doesnt tilt her head back so I have to be really careful but she likes taking baths again.

Maybe try giving her a bath for a week without washing her hair (my dd has like no hair-so it might not work for you though) & see ifit shampoo aggrevating her eyes is the reason
    heimikkat

Answer by heimikkat at 5:52 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• will i give my daughter who is 15 month shower.. she love to stand in the tub the only time she is taking bath is when i am in there with her and play in the water.
    She take showers. (it save water too )
    buy some new toys.. we did that for her for christmas and she love the new toys.
    mommytobe24

Answer by mommytobe24 at 6:35 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• Kids can change from day to day. My daughter went through this at about the same age with no apparent cause either. But, since toddlers don't get "dirty" very often a "spit bath" (No, don't spit on your kid and call it clean! Try taking a wet washcloth and giving her a good scrub daily, making sure to get the important parts such as, hands, face, neck and genitals clean) everyday and a good old fashion in the tub bath every other or every 2 days won't hurt.
    Making it seem like the tub time is a big deal, or even a reward may work.
    SarahMelvin86

Answer by SarahMelvin86 at 10:59 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• My daughter is now 29 months and she started to revolt against baths about a month ago. So, difficult as it may be with our shower stall, I have taken to giving her showers and she has a blast. I got her some Crayola bath crayons that she colors on the shower walls with and a couple of puppets that she can use to wash with as well as play. She also uses my shampoo, conditioner, and body soap and thinks it is great. Now instead of screaming she is all laughs. If you are comfortable with it maybe try a shower. Good luck.
    babygirlsmom28

Answer by babygirlsmom28 at 12:40 PM on Jan. 30, 2009