What to cook with two chicken breasts

I defrosted two chicken breasts this morning. I usually bread them and bake them, but I've done that already this week (I have a limited list of recipes). What should I do with them?

beckcorc

Asked by beckcorc at 4:18 PM on Jan. 28, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Perhaps you can cut this recipe in half, use one can of soup, half the rice, and so forth. It is easy and tasty:
    Chicken Supreme

4 chicken breasts
    1 small box Minute rice
    1 can cream of celery soup
    1 can cream of mushroom soup
    generous sprinkle dried onion soup
    1 1/4 can water

put rice in bottom of casserole, pour heated celery soup and 1 ½ cup water over. Place chicken on top and sprinkle with onion soup. Heat mushroom soup and remaining water and pour over. Cover with 2 thicknesses of foil and bake 350° 2 hours.

Answer by Bmat at 4:21 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• I have two chicken breasts thawing as well!
    I am taking the chicken and browning in a pan, then pouring over cream of mushroom soup to make a kind of gravy. I'm undecided as to whether or not I will have mashed potatoes or steamed brown rice. I will also have green beans or broccoli depending on which starch I decide to serve. WE also put the mushroom soup gravy on our potatoes or rice. It's sooooo good.
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 4:24 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• I cut potatoes into small wedges and throw them into the bottom of a baking dish and put the chicken breasts on top. The I put Italian dressing over the top of that (about 1 cup I think). Bake it until the chicken is browning and the potatoes are done. When it comes out you can sprinkle parmesan cheese on top. It's yummy!
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 4:28 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• I sprinkle them with lemon pepper seasoning and top them with Red Gold Diced Tomatoes (any flavor really but my favorite is the chipotle) and bake in the oven.
    rcbrown

Answer by rcbrown at 4:30 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• chicken alfredo chicken stir fry chicken courdon bleu stuffed chicken chicken salad
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 4:33 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• What I've done before with just two chicken breasts is this: Cut up the chicken and cook it in a pan, all the way through. I always add garlic powder, onion powder and black pepper to taste. Meanwhile, I'll whip up some mashed potatoes and make some white gravy. I have the country gravy packets by Pioneer. I put the mashed potatoes down first, then pile on top some chicken chunks and then some gravy on top. Serve with a veggie. My husband LOVES this!
    boizmom

Answer by boizmom at 4:42 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• Ok my favorite recipe!!!
    Cook the chicken than cut into strips or cubes
    Cook a box of stove top stuffing
    Put the stove top in a fying pan with a little oil
    put the chicken on top pour cream of chicken soup over the chicken and stuffing
    Than cover with cheese
    cover with a lid and cook on low heat til the cheese is melted

It is o so yummy!!!!
    teresalangston

Answer by teresalangston at 7:01 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• Grilled Teriyaki
    INGREDIENTS

* 1/3 cup water
    * 1/4 cup sherry, or chicken broth
    * 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
    * 2 garlic cloves, minced
    * 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
    * 2 (6 ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves

DIRECTIONS

1. In a small saucepan, combine the first five ingredients. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook for 1 minute. Cool for 10 minutes. Pour into a resealable plastic bag; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
    2. Drain and discard marinade. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat for 7-8 minutes on each side or until juices run clear.
    Kari_Noelle

Answer by Kari_Noelle at 10:38 PM on Jan. 28, 2009