sorry ladies!

Again I was wondering at wha age to start my 10mth old on gerber puffs and such,and how i should go about showing him how to chew?I got like 2 answers and I would like some advice.Please no rude answers!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:31 PM on Jan. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You don't have to show him how. Just give him some puffs (he's old enough). If he doesnt' chew them they will dissolve in his mouth. Over time, he will figure out the chewing.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 4:33 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• He can try them now. I'd just put them on his tray and let him play with them at first. Try picking one up and chewing it to show him how. He'll get the hang of it.
    Anonymous

• He can have them...they just dissolve...
    mommy2karsyn

Answer by mommy2karsyn at 4:35 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• my daughter started on the puffs when she was nine months
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 4:35 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• For my kids, we started Gerber baby foods at 6 mos. They quickly got up to Stage 3 by the time they were about 10/11 months. They started getting things like the Gerber Puffs, Cheerios and Ritz crackers by the time they were about 7/8 mos old. You don't actually "show" your baby how to chew...it's a natural instinct to chew when they have something in their mouth. Your baby is more than old enough to start on more solid foods. They don't learn how to eat unless you give them the chance to learn.
    Anonymous

• He can have them now. I'd start offering table foods, too. Puffs, crackers, diced pieces of stuff from your plates....
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 4:45 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• my DD started on puffs around 5 months. if you're worried about him choking just break them in half. try one yourself first, you'll see how quick they dissolve. he'll know what to do!
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 5:05 PM on Jan. 28, 2009