Any Christian Mothers that have gotten divorced and want to share their stories?

Anyone wants to share short stories on how divorce affected their children?

carolina0222

Asked by carolina0222 at 4:32 PM on Jan. 28, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I married at 19 and divorced my hubby at 22. I'm a Christian, but the idea that maybe I shouldn't leave my husband never crossed my mind. He abused me physically while I was pregnant with my first child. IMO there is no coming back from that.
    Anonymous

• It really affected my kids. :( My bad decision did at the end bring me to the Lord. Healing takes time and God is faithful. He restores the years the locust has eaten.
    JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 5:53 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• I left my abusive first husband and married the man who got me out. This was coming on three years ago, and my oldest (age 15) is having the hardest time with it. He's convinced his father walks on water and can't do wrong. He's going to have a rude awakening one of these days, I'm afraid.

I've been a Christian many years, and it was my faith that enabled me to keep my sanity through the abusive years.
    rhope4

Answer by rhope4 at 10:18 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• Where in the Bible does it say you can divorce for abuse? Because I was under the impression...according to my Bible...that you can't divorce your husband, but he can divorce you. If you divorced him and remarried, that makes you an adulterer.
    Anonymous

• Anono..... As a mother of three boys I would never, never, recommend my boys to stay in abusive relationship.. And why would God do such a thing? We aren't meant to be someone punching bags,.. now that is just common sense... I believe God knows your heart and if you leave a man for such abuse you are free to marry again...
    jenandrews

Answer by jenandrews at 11:27 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• Then God should have said so...but that's not what he said. Don't get mad at me, it's your book...and it clearly says the only person who can divorce is the husband and he can only divorce if his wife fornicates with another man or if she falls out of favour with him or if she's an unbeliever. There is no exception for abuse. Don't ask me why he made the rules...but he did.
    Anonymous

• lol.. anon,, serious, I am not even going to go there with you.. have a good night
    jenandrews

Answer by jenandrews at 1:35 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• We tend to think that EVERY marriage is blessed and seen as holy by God because of what we’ve been taught, but not every marriage is! God does not call holy that which is unholy. God desires us to be like Himself, to be able to “...distinguish between holy and unholy, and between unclean and clean” (Leviticus 10:10). If we do not have this discernment, we can make or continue in a fatal marriage. JUST BECAUSE WE ARE MARRIED BY THE LAW, IT DOESN’T MEAN THAT THE LAWGIVER HIMSELF HAS MARRIED US.

carolina0222

Answer by carolina0222 at 11:05 AM on Jan. 30, 2009