A question about diabetes

I just found out that I am type 2 diabetic and they prescribed me some pills I have to take one every day.My question is with diet and exercise will i be able to control my diabetes and stop taking the pills?I have been eating healthier and exercising for the past two weeks and I have lost 9 pounds.I have to go back to my doctor in two months and hoping to loose 20 to 25ibs.by then,so will it help?

tracey77978

Asked by tracey77978 at 4:37 PM on Jan. 28, 2009 in Health

• Any weight that you loose while having diabetes will better your health and possibly make it so you don't have to stay on the pills. Keep up the good work! :)
    Anonymous

• Even a 10% weightloss will dramitcally help. If you lose enough weight and watch your diet...every day, every, meal, every snack..you can absolutely come off your oral medication.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 5:23 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• Yes it is possible to get off needing the meds !!! Way to go already on loosing 9 pounds and being so determined !!! Good luck and hang in there :)

Oh and see if you can get a nutritionist to help teach you the best low glycemic foods...that will help keep your sugar in check too.
    J9Mommy

Answer by J9Mommy at 5:52 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• Thanks so much ~Trey~
    tracey77978

Answer by tracey77978 at 10:34 AM on Jan. 29, 2009