Chinese food ok?

Is Chinese food okay to eat while prego? I heard to stay away from MSG, but what if the place says "no msg" - still okay?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:45 PM on Jan. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i ate chinese food 2 times a week every week when i was pregnate and my son is fine
    Anonymous

• Yup, it's fine..Just not raw fish!
    themacs4

Answer by themacs4 at 4:52 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• Did you ever think about the chinese? I mean, they get preggo too, lol.

Personally, I love chinese food and have eaten it my whole pregnancy so it better be ok, lol.
    Deathlilly

Answer by Deathlilly at 4:53 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• Ha - I guess I never thought about that Deathlilly!!!
    Thanks - now I need an eggroll!!!
    Anonymous

• I had Chinese once a week the whole time I was pregnant. I have found a place that doesn't use msg so I didn't worry too much about it. (I have a reaction to msg, so I know when It's been used) Anyway, I had my OB tell my husband that it was Dr's orders that I get Chinese once a week, and he was very happy to humor me and do it. When you order, just tell them you are pregnant and you want your order made without msg. Most places will grant your request.

BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 4:57 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• oh if we can't have chinese my baby and I are in a lot of trouble.... :-(
    msg gives me headaches so I also steer clear... mostly the soy sauce does it to me though.
    LuckyClown

Answer by LuckyClown at 5:12 PM on Jan. 28, 2009