My Baby eating habits

Hi My son is 10 months old. This past weekend he decided he didn't want to nurse, so I pumped and offered it in a bottle and he refused that also, so I tried formula and he refused that also. So I tried whole milk and he took right to it. My questions is: Will it hurt him to give him whole milk two months early? Or does anyone have any suggestions?

Srkimmel

Asked by Srkimmel at 4:53 PM on Jan. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Is he eating a balanced diet of table foods? If not...I wouldn't make the milk switch yet. He needs more nutrients.

In what did you put the milk? In the same bottle you offered the pumped breast milk and formula? In a sippy? If a different vessel than the bottle....I bet it was that more that what was INSIDE. (sippy cup? straw cup?)
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 4:59 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• Yes he is eating a well balanced diet of table food and has been for a few months.

I tried the same thing for both: I put formula and bm in a bottle and a sippy, and I also put the Whole Milk in the bottle and that is when he took to it.

Just want to do what is best for him???????
    Srkimmel

Answer by Srkimmel at 5:04 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• a nursing strike is normal, but he'll get back to the boob. DON'T give him cow milk. the earliest age to even think about introducing a little cow milk is 12mos. i personally wouldn't give it at all til he decides not to nurse anymore for good. cow milk is specifically made for the very different stomach of a calf. then it has all those hormones & chemicals in it. make his solid meals with breastmilk & keep offering to nurse til he comes around.
    Anonymous

• Cows milk can (not def. will, but can) damage the digestive system too early. And, it does not have the necessary nutrients that breast milk and formula do. I'd stay away from it for now. Baby will nurse or take the formula when he needs it. He won't starve himself. :)
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 5:08 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• personally i think its okay just still try to give him brest milk or the formula till 1 year
    apackard

Answer by apackard at 6:06 PM on Jan. 28, 2009