Its official California Moms

When you go to file taxes don't expect a state refund instead expect to hear that california will be mailing you a letter on when you could recieve your state refund.

How do you feel about this? I personally am bummed we have over 600 coming back from state but no idea when we will see it

JAJA_Steele

Asked by JAJA_Steele at 5:02 PM on Jan. 28, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I think CA residents should demand a late fee and interest on their late refunds!!! you know damn well, that if you paid taxes late, the state would do the same!!! ;)
    thundernlight

Answer by thundernlight at 5:18 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• from what I hear, it could be years.

liberal CA is representative of what this country is coming to...unfortunately. but that is what happens when you pay homeless, give them 3 meals a day, and even deem them beachfront property!
    Anonymous

• years??? I didn't hear that, when we filed our taxes the woman told us to expect a letter but never said how long it could take
    JAJA_Steele

Answer by JAJA_Steele at 5:08 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• This happened to us in Alabama in 2001 and we waited 11 months. Just in time to file again.
    Anonymous

• I think it was Akinbottom2 who said something like ...."How California goes, goes the country." I think this is going to become reality!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 5:13 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• hopefully, CA will get po'd enough so that things will turn around SOON!!!!
    thundernlight

Answer by thundernlight at 5:14 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• i hope so thunder and i truly hope that california isn't a leading example for the rest of the country

JAJA_Steele

Answer by JAJA_Steele at 5:17 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• Well, we usually end up owing the state so it won't affect us too much. I really, really wish the government would get it's act together. If you can't pay for it... don't promise it and don't buy it. How hard is that?!?!
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 5:22 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• i agree kaycee and thunder my thoughts exactly, they would waste no time taxing and adding on interest if we owed them they should do the same for us
    JAJA_Steele

Answer by JAJA_Steele at 5:28 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• That phrase used to be very popular years ago, and was somewhat true. I would hope it wouldn't still hold true today.
    So goes California, So goes the Nation- and usually NY state followed right behind. From what I understand NY state is in the same boat right now. Broke.
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 5:35 PM on Jan. 28, 2009