Do you know anyone or do you have Hep A or C?

I am pregnant and had blood drawn last week that came back a little high. They re-drew blood today to test for Hep A or Hep C. I asked them to explain more what these were or if it would affect the baby and the said lets just wait till we get the results back. They said they didn't want me to worry if it was neg. So any way I am WORRY-ING! Thanks for your help!

bigmommaofthree

Asked by bigmommaofthree at 5:08 PM on Jan. 28, 2009 in Health

• I have a very close friend who was born with it, and did not know she later passed it on to her daughter, her daughter went through treatments and is just fine now. My friend is going through treatments and it is like going through chemo for her. It really depends on how aggressive it is in your system, what type you have and what it is doing to your body.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 5:12 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• My son actually has HEP C due to a bad blood platelet transfusion as a child when he had leukemia. He has been on chemo and doing acupuncture to treat and deal with this for nearly a year. Poor thing- I feel so bad for him-he had chemo and radiation for 3 yrs at age 6-9 and now being 29 is on another yr of chemo. My best to you and keep me posted on how you are.
    Connie
    cabinlover

Answer by cabinlover at 10:08 PM on Jan. 28, 2009