Anyone graduate from the University of Phoenix?

I'm really wanting to go back to school and I'm thinking that UofP would be a good thing for me, but I wanted to talk to other people that have gone there. Did you get a degree? Did it make finding a job easier? Did anyone ever look down on you for not going to a traditional school?

feesharose

Asked by feesharose at 5:09 PM on Jan. 28, 2009 in Money & Work

• I am graduating from UOP march 22. Its a great school and according to the statistics out there people do not look down on online school anymore bc many many regular colleges offer distance learning too. UOP is accredited like any other college. I have been to a traditional university and have to pay UOP was actually harder then attending in person.
    As for jobs. I have a couple job offers but I dont know if i am going to take them. I am thinking about it right now and stillcontinueing my education after graduation onto my next degree,.

Answer by gemgem at 5:14 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• I graduate in June. I am going for accounting. I have had a pretty good experience with it. The only negative thing I have to say about it is I always had a hard time getting a hold of my financial advisor. I eventually stopped calling him and called my academic advisor and tell him I needed to talk to my financail advisor. They were on the same floor and he would just stand up and yell, hey, call this girl! And then I would get a call. As for jobs, I have not applied for anything yet, but I'm going to be continuing with them after I graduate!
    penguin_chick

Answer by penguin_chick at 9:07 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• My hubby graduated from there 2 years ago. He is a computer programmer and it helped get him the job that he has today. He graduated with his master's degree. So I think that it is a great school to go to. I would highly recommend it.
    Tarabon

Answer by Tarabon at 9:11 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• I got my Mba from there a little over a year ago. People don't look down on it but it won't neccessarily make your job hunt easier but it would make you more attractive.
    tpalmer

Answer by tpalmer at 12:37 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• I am currently an online student with the University of Phoenix. I like it a lot. My husband just finished his AA and is working on his bach with a more local college. It was going to cost double for his bach through UoP and he didn't qualify for some of our state scholarships because it is based in another state. I will complete my AA there but then probably move on to something local as well. I have the same issues with my financial advisor as mentioned above! You can always request a new one though!
    KarliLand

Answer by KarliLand at 12:38 PM on Jan. 29, 2009