Find the Pitbull.....

Many folks think they know a pitbull when they see one. And there has been attacks by these very dogs, and the people learn later, it wasn't a pitbull, but unfourtanlty, when it hits the news, the doctors and such don't bother fixing the mistake, thinking oh well...

1

2

3

4

5

6

7

8

9

10

11

12

I
13

14

15

16

17

18

19

20

I still have a few more to put up, so hang on, also...lets keep this honest please. Just a little test to see what we know, and maybe get a little more educated.. 

Michigan-Mom74

Asked by Michigan-Mom74 at 11:59 PM on May. 18, 2012 in Politics & Current Events

•                        

Heres my dd and her buddy...she is younger in this pic. But sad to say, he died last November....

Michigan-Mom74

Comment by Michigan-Mom74 (original poster) at 6:56 PM on May. 19, 2012

• Wow Mustbegrace! Why did she deserve such a rude comment from you?

Actually, I'm one of those that can't distinguish one from another and I find this post very informative!
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 12:12 AM on May. 20, 2012

• Way to be a cunt mustbegrace. Did she say her husband shot a dog? No, her neighbor shot a dog to save her and she feels badly about it. No need to act like a twat waffle.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 1:06 AM on May. 20, 2012

• I've posted pictures of my dog before. He's a mix of lab and pit bull. Here's the thing for me, whether it's a pit or chihuahua any dog can be dangerous. I read an article several years ago where they surveyed mail carriers. They dog they were bitten by the most was the cocker spaniel. In my view the caution that is automatic with larger breed dogs should be shown with any dog you don't know. Regardless of which picture is a pit bull any one of these dogs could potentially hurt someone.
    sopranomommy

Answer by sopranomommy at 8:39 AM on May. 20, 2012

• #2
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 10:17 PM on May. 20, 2012

• No #2 is a what AKC calls a Dogue De Bordeau and they are the breed of dog that is strong, powerful, and imposing. The Dogue de Bordeaux is one of the most ancient French breeds. This dog also played in the movie with Tom Hanks as a detective and his partner was this kinda dog. And for the life of me I can't remember the name of it!
    Michigan-Mom74

Comment by Michigan-Mom74 (original poster) at 10:22 PM on May. 20, 2012

• I actually did "guess" it, but it's simply because of previous similar "tests". I would NEVER confuse a pit bulk with a Labrador, Rottweiler, Boxer or Mastiff. You cannot see it on the pictures, but some of these dogs, when seen IRL are of a completely different size, there's no way anyone could confuse it with a pit bull. In a cleverly chosen picture... It looks much more alike. The rest of the breeds (those that could actually be confused with put bulls) are so rare that it's ridiculous to suggest that you weren't attacked by an AMERICAN pit bull in the US... It was a Boerboel or a Cae De Bou, more likely... Give me a break.
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 10:47 PM on May. 20, 2012

• Bullshit, look it up momto2boys, it does happen, and it happens a lot. And except for a chosen few, they all are American dogs. You would get this in AKC dog show.
    Michigan-Mom74

Comment by Michigan-Mom74 (original poster) at 10:49 PM on May. 20, 2012

• ". I would NEVER confuse a pit bulk with a Labrador, Rottweiler, Boxer or Mastiff."
    I would hope not, considering they all are not even in the terrier family. The dogs up there have terrier cross breeding.
    Michigan-Mom74

Comment by Michigan-Mom74 (original poster) at 10:51 PM on May. 20, 2012

• They ALL look like Pitbulls, to me. I don't go near strange dogs--unless they are Cocker Spaniels or Beagles. ~ Iga

As a vet tech, it was Cockers that I would avoid if I could get away with it, along with Poodles, Chis, and most little dogs (little dogs actually scare me ... I got teased about that a LOT lol). I've worked with Rotties, Dobies, Shepherds, Mastiffs, and a lot of other large dogs as well as Chows (love them!!) and other medium sized dogs, but I've been bitten more often by Cockers and Poodles than any other breeds. Some breeds can bite harder, but they bite far less then those that so many people consider 'safe'. The fact is that ALL dogs are capable of biting if provoked. That doesn't make them bad, it makes people who deliberately provoke one stupid. Too many good dogs pay for stupid human tricks, and my sympathy will always go to a dog who pays for that stupidity.
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 11:28 PM on May. 20, 2012