Find the Pitbull.....

Many folks think they know a pitbull when they see one. And there has been attacks by these very dogs, and the people learn later, it wasn't a pitbull, but unfourtanlty, when it hits the news, the doctors and such don't bother fixing the mistake, thinking oh well...

1

2

3

4

5

6

7

8

9

10

11

12

I
13

14

15

16

17

18

19

20

I still have a few more to put up, so hang on, also...lets keep this honest please. Just a little test to see what we know, and maybe get a little more educated.. 

Michigan-Mom74

Asked by Michigan-Mom74 at 11:59 PM on May. 18, 2012 in Politics & Current Events

• Hell watch Dog Whisper...he has more problems with those little dogs then the big ones!
    Michigan-Mom74

Comment by Michigan-Mom74 (original poster) at 11:31 PM on May. 20, 2012

• "Then get your boyfriend with the tattoo showing in the crack of his ass where his pants should be to bury it in the back yard with a marker made of popsicle sticks,"

WTH?

Sharon
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 7:57 AM on May. 21, 2012

• " I would NEVER confuse a pit bulk with a Labrador, Rottweiler, Boxer or Mastiff."
    I would hope not, considering they all are not even in the terrier family. The dogs up there have terrier cross breeding."

Actually, #4 is a Great Swiss Mountain dog (sil had one, it's way bigger than a pit bull, no one could confuse the 2), #12 is a Rotweiller, #8 is a Labrador Retriever and #9 is a Bullmastiff and #1 is supposed to be a Boxer, although I'm not sure, but it seems to me the person who did this test could've confused the Boxer with the American Bulldog.
    Now, I'm not saying there cannot be confusions. But to say that it happens "quite often" and that these breeds are "commonly mistaken" for pit bulls when most of these breeds are quite rare, like the Alapaha Blue Blood Bulldog, Or the Catahoula Bulldog.
    And I don't know what you mean by these being "American dogs", if you mean these breeds exist in the US

Continued
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 8:38 AM on May. 21, 2012

• Well, of course they do. Wouldn't say they're popular enough to say they're "commonly" confused with Pitbulls, though.
    If you mean breeds of Anerican origin or development, well, only 5 of those are actually American dogs.
    So again, not saying it cannot happen, but I think more often than not when a person claims they were attacked by "X" breed, they were attacked by that breed.

Sharon
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 8:43 AM on May. 21, 2012

• Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that Pit bulls make bad dogs or that they're inherently dangerous. But the fact still is that they ARE a breed more prone to attacking, and that if you want to have one safely, you have to be an extraordinary, dedicated owner. It is a dog that needs more dedication, training and strong leadership to control its aggression than other breeds. So it's not a dog for everyone and IMHO, suggesting that they're really not more prone to aggression can be counterproductive as it makes ineffective owners go and get one they can't control, ends up biting and furthers the bad rep. If we accept the reality and promote the fact that they can be wonderful pets, but you need to be a special kind of owner, less inept people will take the "challenge" and the number of attacks would diminish.
    There's a reason why Pitbulls are the most abandoned breed.

Sharon
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 8:54 AM on May. 21, 2012

• as the owner of # 7 and 11, plus Pit Bulls, my Dogo gets misidentified as a Pit all the time. It is funnier when my pittie is with us. They think my Dogos are Pit Bulls and the Pit is a mix! I would be way more afraid of my Fila than any Pit Bull ever.
    For the record, Pit Bulls are in no way shape or form PRONE to attack! They tend to be same sex dog aggressive with some being just plain dog aggressive. But dog and human aggression are two totally different things. Who do think gets them out of the ring in a dog fight?! Umm, last I knew it was a HUMAN!!! They do not take a "special" owner, they require(as do most breeds)a consistent owner. They do not do well as yard ornaments or status figures. They need love,caring and obedience like every other breed out there. My dd started walking her Pit Bull(holding the leash by herself) at 4. Why, because she has been raiseed properly and taught the corrct way to treat her
    pitbull4me

Answer by pitbull4me at 9:23 AM on May. 21, 2012

• cont'd
    animals and those belonging to others. Seriously, do some research on alot of these other breeds and you will see Pit Bulls for the gentle souls they are! The low lifes are drawn to Pit Bulls because they are cheap,can be found on any street corner or shelter, thier undying love and devotion to please their so called owners. Most low lifes are terrified of a good FIla,Presa,Neo, Cane,Dogo, Rottie and/or GSD. But, pitties ar so very gentle and so not scary!! They could never take one of my Filas and do to them what alot do to Pit Bulls. They would be a Filas snack!!
    pitbull4me

Answer by pitbull4me at 9:29 AM on May. 21, 2012

• ha ha I think it is funny I got thumbs down on my posts!!
    pitbull4me

Answer by pitbull4me at 10:44 AM on May. 21, 2012

• 16
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 12:05 PM on May. 21, 2012

• Mom2....The fact of this find the pit bull isn't about whether or not the dogs are rare, or if they are found in the US, its about how some dogs look like pit bulls, when in fact they are not.
    "American dogs", if you mean these breeds exist in the US"
    Yes thats what I meant, not American born or bred.
    " but you need to be a special kind of owner, less inept people will take the "challenge" and the number of attacks would diminish."
    But that is the point, you don't need to be a special kind of person to have a pit bull. I am not a special kind of person, and I owned a pit bull. AS long as you properly train, and socialize any animal, learn to read a dog's body language. Take the time to "know" your dog, what does his body language say. A dog ALWAYS will let you know everything you want to know if you know how to read them correctly. You will know BEFORE a dog will bite and take steps to stop the problem

>>>>
    Michigan-Mom74

Comment by Michigan-Mom74 (original poster) at 2:36 PM on May. 21, 2012