Find the Pitbull.....

Many folks think they know a pitbull when they see one. And there has been attacks by these very dogs, and the people learn later, it wasn't a pitbull, but unfourtanlty, when it hits the news, the doctors and such don't bother fixing the mistake, thinking oh well...

1

2

3

4

5

6

7

8

9

10

11

12

I
13

14

15

16

17

18

19

20

I still have a few more to put up, so hang on, also...lets keep this honest please. Just a little test to see what we know, and maybe get a little more educated.. 

Michigan-Mom74

Asked by Michigan-Mom74 at 11:59 PM on May. 18, 2012 in Politics & Current Events

• >>>Learn just cause a dog's tail is wagging, doesn't mean its happy and wants to play. Or a tail high in the air can signal aggression some of the time. Also, when it comes down to dog bites and you see the high number of bites and people think all dogs are dangerous. For example, a vet has to report any bite no matter how small, or insignificant. Or when my dog bite me while we were playing and he got my finger cause it was in the wrong place at the wrong time. I had to to the ER to make sure I didn't need stitches and they had to report it as a dog bite. But they don't mention if it was a 'friendly' bite per say, like friendly fire kinda thing. When you read the high number of attacks done by a pit bull, and the maimings, they also include in the pits that were in a dog fighting ring and it attacked a person such as the animal control guy who was at the scene, and how many dogs that dog may have killed.
    Michigan-Mom74

Comment by Michigan-Mom74 (original poster) at 2:51 PM on May. 21, 2012

• Pit Bulls have the bad reputation because people bred this dog to fight, and then fails to understand why the dog turned on them and either killed that person, or maimed. Then the idiot lets the dogs loose in neighborhood filled with kids and people. Next thing you you have "jaws" on land killing everybody it sees cause the idiot up the road let it loose cause his dog was injured therefore useless. But its a pit bull and thats all people see. This dog has been more discriminated against, then any black person in history. And its the human's fault.
    Michigan-Mom74

Comment by Michigan-Mom74 (original poster) at 2:58 PM on May. 21, 2012

• 2. Bull Mastiff, 3. 4.,5. German Short-Haired Pointer/and-or Ridgeback, 6.Lab mix, 7.Pitbull, 8. Chocolate Labrador Retriever, 9. Newfoundland?, 10. Italian Greyhound, 11., 12. Rottweiler, 13. Pitbull, 14. Boxer, 15.Pitbulls, 16. American Pitbull/terrier, 17. Rott x Lab, 18. English Bulldog mix, 19. Pointer of some sort, 20.?, 21.Sharpe Mix, 22. Lab Mix, 23. Rott x Bulldog cross
    onelove1982

Answer by onelove1982 at 12:20 PM on May. 22, 2012

• @onelove1982..........
    #2 dogue de bordeau ....#3 Blue blood bull dog.......#4 Swiss Mountain Dog.......#5 vizsla......#6 Rhodessian Ridgeback......#7 Dogo Argentino......#8 Lab.....#9 Bull Mastiff.........#10 Jack Russel Terriers........#11 Fila Brasileiro........#12.......Rottie........#13 Presa Canario.....#14 American Bulldog.....#15....Cane Corso......#16 Pit Bull......#17 Patterdale Terrier.........#18 Olde English Bulldog........
    #19 Catahoula.........#20 Bull Terrier...... #21 Boerboel.......#22 Black Mouth Cur.......#23 Ca De Bou .....#24 Alano Espanol
    Michigan-Mom74

Comment by Michigan-Mom74 (original poster) at 7:50 PM on May. 22, 2012

• Sorry, I'm not buying it on #7 - looks like a pitbull to me.

"The Dogo Argentino (also known as the Argentine Mastiff) is a large, white, muscular dog that was developed in Argentina primarily for the purpose of big-game hunting, including wild boar and puma."

Dog trained to pull down big game = pitbull type breed to me.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 8:01 PM on May. 22, 2012

• Did you know that the term 'pit bull' isn't a breed? Its actually used to describe other breeds with similar features, such as American Pit Bull Terrier, Stafforshire Terrier, and the Bull Terrier. Also for a few hundred yrs, these dogs were bred to fight dogs, cause certain traits were bred into the bloodlines for that purpose, the infamous high pain tolerance, the high prey drive, and so on. But the 'human aggression wasw NEVER bred into these dogs. The dogs always had to have human interaction to feed and handle the training, plus many of these dogs were family pets and NO aggression was tolerated at all. Many pit bulls also are used for therapy dogs, there is even a pit bull search and rescue team! heres a web address if you want to check them out....

http://www.forpitssake.org/frame.html

Michigan-Mom74

Comment by Michigan-Mom74 (original poster) at 8:02 PM on May. 22, 2012

• tasches....sorry but Dogos are big game hunters. they are in the mastiff family, not the bully! I have faced your type of ignorance before since I owned Dogos since 1992. Again a perfct representation of breed misidentification!

pitbull4me

Answer by pitbull4me at 1:43 AM on May. 24, 2012