Find the Pitbull.....

Many folks think they know a pitbull when they see one. And there has been attacks by these very dogs, and the people learn later, it wasn't a pitbull, but unfourtanlty, when it hits the news, the doctors and such don't bother fixing the mistake, thinking oh well...

1

2

3

4

5

6

7

8

9

10

11

12

I
13

14

15

16

17

18

19

20

I still have a few more to put up, so hang on, also...lets keep this honest please. Just a little test to see what we know, and maybe get a little more educated.. 

Michigan-Mom74

Asked by Michigan-Mom74 at 11:59 PM on May. 18, 2012 in Politics & Current Events

• MM, I've posted the link to that page before. It is astounding how many dogs are accused and labeled as being pits. I've seen Shepherds, Labs, and Dobies also named as pits in newspaper stories. In my area, most people fear any large dog (and most consider a Chow to be large!). DH and I have always wanted Newfies and/or Great Danes, but after seeing some of the reactions from people to my Lab/Dane mix I'm not sure if it would be fair to the dog/s. That pisses me off. A LOT. It's MY property. It's MY life. The sad fact is that even some of the vet techs in this area are scared of anything bigger than a terrier. There are many reasons that I generally like animals better than people ... and I'm about convinced that most of the animals are smarter than a large percentage of the population, and not at all interested in 'controlling' any one. Dogs should not have to pay for human stupidity and/or ignorance.
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 1:36 AM on May. 19, 2012

• Wow Mustbegrace! Why did she deserve such a rude comment from you?

Actually, I'm one of those that can't distinguish one from another and I find this post very informative!
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 12:12 AM on May. 20, 2012

• Way to be a cunt mustbegrace. Did she say her husband shot a dog? No, her neighbor shot a dog to save her and she feels badly about it. No need to act like a twat waffle.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 1:06 AM on May. 20, 2012

• They ALL look like Pitbulls, to me. I don't go near strange dogs--unless they are Cocker Spaniels or Beagles. I had the most wonderful sweet Beagle who would tolerate anything from kids and everyone,and still wag his tail. When my first born was crawling, she would grab his ears, squeeze his eye,etc. and he just kiind of cringed and still didn't let it bother him. He loved everyone, THAT is my kind of dog.
    lga1965

Answer by lga1965 at 6:51 PM on May. 19, 2012

• Aren't pit bulls really called Staffordshire Terriers? Our local shelter has tons of them but doesn't use the word pit bull for fear of no one adopting them, so they call them Staffordshire Terriers.
    robinkane

Answer by robinkane at 11:29 AM on May. 19, 2012

• Good post! I get so angry when someone hears the name Pitbull and flips out about how dangerous they are. I owned a Pitbull before and she was so gentle and calm. I have never personally IRL seen a mean Pitbull before. I lay the blame on the people that abuse them or train them to be mean and not on the dog. People need to educate themselves!
    Nos4

Answer by Nos4 at 5:28 PM on May. 19, 2012

• I've posted pictures of my dog before. He's a mix of lab and pit bull. Here's the thing for me, whether it's a pit or chihuahua any dog can be dangerous. I read an article several years ago where they surveyed mail carriers. They dog they were bitten by the most was the cocker spaniel. In my view the caution that is automatic with larger breed dogs should be shown with any dog you don't know. Regardless of which picture is a pit bull any one of these dogs could potentially hurt someone.
    sopranomommy

Answer by sopranomommy at 8:39 AM on May. 20, 2012

• We have a bulldog/beagle mix. She is often mistaken for a pitt. She has the wide jaw and larger head. She is as gentle and loving a dog I've ever seen. She thinks her seat is your lap. But, I can see her attacking anyone who would attempt to harm our family.
    tracy0812

Answer by tracy0812 at 6:30 AM on May. 19, 2012

• They ALL look like Pitbulls, to me. I don't go near strange dogs--unless they are Cocker Spaniels or Beagles. ~ Iga

As a vet tech, it was Cockers that I would avoid if I could get away with it, along with Poodles, Chis, and most little dogs (little dogs actually scare me ... I got teased about that a LOT lol). I've worked with Rotties, Dobies, Shepherds, Mastiffs, and a lot of other large dogs as well as Chows (love them!!) and other medium sized dogs, but I've been bitten more often by Cockers and Poodles than any other breeds. Some breeds can bite harder, but they bite far less then those that so many people consider 'safe'. The fact is that ALL dogs are capable of biting if provoked. That doesn't make them bad, it makes people who deliberately provoke one stupid. Too many good dogs pay for stupid human tricks, and my sympathy will always go to a dog who pays for that stupidity.
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 11:28 PM on May. 20, 2012

• tasches....sorry but Dogos are big game hunters. they are in the mastiff family, not the bully! I have faced your type of ignorance before since I owned Dogos since 1992. Again a perfct representation of breed misidentification!

pitbull4me

Answer by pitbull4me at 1:43 AM on May. 24, 2012