I need the right words...

I'm in need of some good words....
Hubby and I have been seperated for a year (after 15 yrs of marriage). He's in a relationship and lives with the person. I gave him the divorce papers 8 mths ago and he said what's the hurry and that he wanted me to have his benefits. I finally thought things out and have decided to get a lawyer and file for divorce. Here's when you ladies come in... I'm sure once he is served with the papers he's going to call and ask/say the following:
What's the hurry?
What if we want to get back?
I want you to have my benefits.

I have NO benefits what so ever with him. I tried to save our marriage but did not want to so life goes on for me now. I have no hurry but I don't want any strings attached. How would you answer in little words but that he realizes reality?

Wise words please....

Jeannie29

Asked by Jeannie29 at 5:14 PM on Jan. 28, 2009 in Relationships

• You aren't on his health insurance or his retirement? Just wondering. I can understand your wanting to get him out of your life.

Say that you want to close that part of your life and to move on to a new life.

Answer by Bmat at 5:18 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• You tell him the hurry is that I believe a clean break is better then what we have now. Its time to move on and this is it. I am done.

Answer by gemgem at 5:20 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• HERE ARE MY ANSWERS: ;)

1. What's the hurry?
    HELLO IT HAS BEEN 15 YEARS!!! ISN'T THAT LONG ENOUGH???
    2. What if we want to get back?
    YOU ARE LIVING WITH ANOTHER WOMAN!!! THERE IS NO "GETTING BACK"
    3. I want you to have my benefits.
    WHAT BENEFITS???

REALITY:
    I AM NO LONGER YOUR WIFE, I WANT MY LIFE TO MOVE FORWARD AND I AM RESOLVING PAST ISSUES.

Anonymous

• HE HAS NO JOB, NO HOUSE, NO CAR, NO ACCOUNTS, NO NOTHING. He has his girlfriend and she's maintaining him.
    Jeannie29

Answer by Jeannie29 at 5:22 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• Well, you could say, "It's over. Thank you for your concern for my health, but *I* will be fine."
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 5:39 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• Uh he has moved on so why can't you
    teresalangston

Answer by teresalangston at 5:42 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• woowww.... well first of, im sorry your going through this.
    second, when ever he decides to ask you whats the hurry, you tell him you want your benefits. (child support, freedom, ETC)
    third, if he wants to get back with you, he wouldve never moved in with that person and hes probably just saying that so you dont give him the divorce, so he doesnt have to start working to maintain the kids.
    and last, tell him you dont need his benefits, and the only benefit your getting from him, is dragging your life down with his. good luck
    YObando

Answer by YObando at 5:57 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• suck it up buddy your paying child support and alimony asshole! is that few enough words lol and he will still have to have the kids covered so ur fine move on and my guess would be his new girl is pushing for wedding bells and he is using the divorce as an excuse lmao my brother did that to his ex gf for 10 yrs and then she left him and decided she was gay lol
    mommie2twogirls

Answer by mommie2twogirls at 7:47 PM on Jan. 28, 2009