I dont want him anymore.

i am going through a divorce and my soon to be ex is telling me that he still loves me and wants to get back with me. He cant seem to take a hint. i have told him that I do not love him anymore and that I am moving on. He still keeps trying everything from asking to stay with me when comes to visit the children to me staying with him. I told him that that would not work because I would not get what
I want which is a divorce. he says he does not want one. I should say that we have been seperated for about 1 year. I have found someone else. He has cheated all throughout our marriage and I am finished with that. HOw do I get him to move on. to let go. I think he doesnt want a divorce because of the money. Just a little feedback is what I need.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:20 PM on Jan. 28, 2009 in Relationships

• You just have to cut off communication for awhile unless it has to do with the kids or child support. Tell him point blank I have moved on and we honestly have nothing to talk about unless it relates to the kids or financial issues and if you keep bringing it up then I will not even be there for visit exchanges either. Its over. move on. I have.

Answer by gemgem at 5:23 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• Stand your ground! You are woman hear u roar!!!! I wouldn't let him inside your house to be able tosay these things to you. If it is time for his turn withthe kids then meet him outside and hand them over without speaking to him unless it concerned the kids. Push him out of your life. there is some reason that he is sticking toyou sooo bad...make sure you are not leading him on in any way shape or form.
    Anonymous

• I always think it's odd that they want you back when you've gotten yourself together and moved on. My ex sent me flowers after I filed for divorce - it really just doesn't make sense to me. I'm sorry I don't have any advice, but it will eventually pass - just give it some time and try not to let it drive you crazy. Good luck.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 5:25 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• I don't have any advice, just wishing you luck and encouragement.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 5:26 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• The others are right too. Try not to engage him in any conversation other than what is necessary. Don't bother with trying to convince him that you've moved on - show him!
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 5:27 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• Well i was with someone for quite awhile i do know that it is not the same as marraige but we had kids and stuff and i had to keep things to what we had to discuss and it took a few years before he seemed to go on i was with someone else and everything i think with men it is just they get into a habbit of having someone there that they cant take it once you are gone it is annoying tho good luck
    tired703

Answer by tired703 at 6:37 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• AMEN!!!!!! TweenAndTwinMom---They always seem to want you back after you have adjusted to life without them---I am speaking from personal experience because I am going through a separation right now. Move on!
    Witchblade1998

Answer by Witchblade1998 at 7:36 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• theres nothing you can do other then stand your ground and when the divorce is finalized he will get it
    mommie2twogirls

Answer by mommie2twogirls at 7:42 PM on Jan. 28, 2009