what immersion blender do you suggest?

I am looking to buy my first immersion (hand) blender. I want to spend as little as possible so I find myself looking at durabrand, toastmaster, braun or rocco. Has anyone used one of these? How do you like it?

teacher-mom

Asked by teacher-mom at 5:26 PM on Jan. 28, 2009 in Home & Garden

• If you are looking for a fairly decent but inexpensive one..go with the Braun. I had one for years without any problem. I have since owned a CuisneArt and a KitchenAid..they were both stainless less than 60 bucks and did a terrific job. So why did I buy two? Because my son talked me out of mine when he moved out of the dorm into his own place. If it can stand up to college kid wear and tear..its a good thing. He is now married and it still works like a charm
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 5:55 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• Braun is a good brand, not sure obout the others. look for horsepower or watts, the higher the better. I have both cored and codless. the corded one works much better!
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 6:29 PM on Jan. 28, 2009