I need ideas for picnic type foods to take to the river....

I always bring sandwiches and apples. I know I'm tired of them and I bet the kids are too. What are some simple things I can take that are filling. We're usually there all day and the kids eat at least twice plus lots of snacking.

texasgurl33

Asked by texasgurl33 at 1:08 PM on May. 19, 2012 in Food & Drink

• Second recipe on the page is the bread I made for our Easter Picnic. The only thing I did different is I added roasted red peppers to it as well. It was AWESOME! Even the kids ate it up! We had it with fruit salad and 'veggie chips'

OR

We also like to do Rice balls w/ terriaki chicken and fruit check out htis site for some GREAT bento box ideas. (we use glade 3 compartments boxes)

But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:19 PM on May. 19, 2012

• cheese and crackers. tortilla wraps with ham and cheese. grapes. sweeties (small easy to peel seedless oranges). fruit rollups. fruit cups. watermelon slices. carrots and celery.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 1:11 PM on May. 19, 2012

• Chicken salad, potato salad, pasta salad, variety of fruit, variety of veggies, trail mix, cole slaw, lemonade, water, and iced tea.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 1:25 PM on May. 19, 2012

• I always take chicken salad or tuna salad wraps, and lots of fruits, lemonade, and water
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 3:18 PM on May. 19, 2012

• Whole Grain Fiber bread @ Whole Foods or Target, peanut butter (if your son or daughter has an allergy to peanuts almond butter is tasty!), boisenberry jam, strawberry jam, carrots, celery, Vitamin waters, packets of turkey (without nitrites of course), olive oil mayo, musterd, tomato, cooler, ice, plenty of water, dark chocolate, and activities for the kids to entertain them.
    onelove1982

Answer by onelove1982 at 11:51 PM on May. 19, 2012

• hot dogs and juices frozen
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 1:16 PM on May. 20, 2012