8th grade boy keeps telling people he got several 8th graders pregnant

None of it is true. Nobody is pregnant.
What would you do if one of the girls was your daughter?
What if the school was doing nothing?

FreeForAll

Asked by FreeForAll at 4:20 PM on May. 19, 2012 in General Parenting

• I'd call the cops and ask them to charge the boy with statutory rape.

The police would come, investigate and when it was found wrong, he'd be cleared of the charges, but it would embarrass the heck out of the kid, the parents and it would prove to everyone he was lying.

Then maybe his parents would keep better tabs on him and people would stop listening to him.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 4:22 PM on May. 19, 2012

• Good answer lay!

He's old enough to know better than that! Where's his parents? I'd be contacting them if that were my daughter!
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 4:27 PM on May. 19, 2012

• lol.... LOVE IT layh.

but make sure that you wouldnt get in trouble for a false accusation.

but I like the idea!!!

Anonymous

• What would be false? You are just reporting what you heard!
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 4:31 PM on May. 19, 2012

• Oh, a DV! LOL!! Apparently the man-child's mother is on CafeMom and didn't like my answer. LOL!!
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 4:33 PM on May. 19, 2012

• What does your dh say? I would want a meeting with his parents and the teacher he shares a class with my daughter, and see what can be done about this- she is being bullied and it is not acceptable. Hopefully he would learn from that, that words do matter and hold weight, and what he has said is unacceptable.

I think calling the police would be a last resort, after going to the school and parents- not sure I would call rape though if my dd said they never had sex, that would be teaching her to lie.
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 4:33 PM on May. 19, 2012

• Oh oh lay! Someone didn't like your answer, do you have a stalker?
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 4:33 PM on May. 19, 2012

• Actually this happened to me in 8th grade and I'm seeing what y'all think.
    FreeForAll

Comment by FreeForAll (original poster) at 4:36 PM on May. 19, 2012

• txdaniella

Statutory rape would not be a lie. Statutory rape is sex with minors, even if it is consensual. It usually occurs when one party is above age and another is not, but locally I have seen it used with one teen against another. The mother found out her 14 y/o was having sex with another 14 y/o and called the cops.

Again, you would be reporting what you heard to the cops. You could say that your child said it didn't happen, but as other girls were involved, you want it looked into.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 4:36 PM on May. 19, 2012

• happened to you???

Sooo..... do tell...... what ever happened to this boy???  Did he get the shyt kicked out of him in high school?  Did he ever go on to college?  What is he doing today???  Come on.... we all keep tabs on those jerky types via face book and reunions.... what ever happened to the little twit????

Anonymous