Ugh

So according to my last doctors visit, which was thursday last week, I'm 75% effaced and 2 cm dilated. For one I'd like to know if the 75% is counting up or down. Also, (here comes the whiny part) when will I go into labor and is there anything I can do to speed it along (besides sex and walking 'cause apparently those aren't working). I've only had a few braxon-hicks contractions and have otherwise have felt overly 'good' as in like I'm not pregnant at all other than having a big belly.

Please no 'the baby will come when ready' comments because, other than them being really irritating at this moment, it has nothing to do with the baby itself and more so to do with the woman's body. Any advise is appreciated, thank you ^_^

Deathlilly

Asked by Deathlilly at 5:38 PM on Jan. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• 75% your almost there as you want to be a 100% not much more advice i can offer since sex and walking isn't working Good Luck
    JAJA_Steele

Answer by JAJA_Steele at 5:42 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• I hear eating pineapple helps. And 75% effaced means more effaced than not (does that make sense?).

There is no telling when you'll go in to labor. I have known quite a few women who have been dilated to 3 and effaced at certain levels for more than a month before they had their kid.

That said, it's not long now, comparatively anyway. Good luck and happy labor thoughts at ya!
    Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 5:44 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• heres some old wives tales ive heard (but they didnt work for me): red rasberry leaf tea, castor oil, or spicey foods. oh and bouncing on one of those big yoga balls supposedly helps move the baby down and you can start doing that befor labor. good luck! hang in there!
    disheveled

Answer by disheveled at 6:08 PM on Jan. 28, 2009